Recommendable?

#1ShiangPosted 11/5/2012 1:41:26 AM
I just checked out the scores listed for this game. o.o Definitely impressive. I'm wondering: would you recommend this game to anyone else? If so, why? What are the pros and cons? What makes it worth playing?
---
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams... Yea, in spite of a dreamer who slumbers, and a singer who sings no more.
#2worldwar24Posted 11/5/2012 1:54:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3worldwar24Posted 11/5/2012 1:57:58 AM
^ sorry couldn't edit post.

Yes to all the above. Please read this review by one of my favourite Pc mags, [an Aussie one] they sum it up far more eloquently than I could.

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2012/10/review-mark-of-the-ninja/
---
xxiv
#4Shiang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 2:09:27 AM
Thank you for the link~!
---
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams... Yea, in spite of a dreamer who slumbers, and a singer who sings no more.
#5giocarePosted 11/5/2012 9:19:42 AM
It's one of the best stealth games ever made. Lots of replay value too.
#6Shiang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 7:31:31 AM
This is a very abandoned board for such an amazing-sounding game. Or is the whole of GameFAQs just going that way? Either way: can I ask what some of the factors are in this game that give it so much replay value?
---
#7GiantCherryPosted 11/6/2012 12:31:16 PM
New playstyles and secondary objectives are what makes you want to replay this game I think.
#8giocarePosted 11/8/2012 5:03:05 PM(edited)
Shiang posted...
This is a very abandoned board for such an amazing-sounding game. Or is the whole of GameFAQs just going that way? Either way: can I ask what some of the factors are in this game that give it so much replay value?

Unlockable items and abilities, different ways to play the game (ex. kill everyone or kill noone), collectible items. And there are costumes you can unlock which grant you certain skills, like the stealth suit which allows you to sprint silently with the downside of not being able to kill anyone.
#9worldwar24Posted 11/8/2012 10:32:50 PM
Yeah that stealth suit is pretty cool, though I was kind of disappointed that they didn't include a knockout punch/kick/melee combo with it.
---
xxiv
#10kakitamikePosted 11/9/2012 8:21:58 AM
It's the best stealth game you'll play. And the unlockables and challenges really give it a lot of replay.

The closest thing to a downside is it suffers from bad ai like every other stealth game. That's not really a downside. Just expect enemies to stop looking for you, given time, no matter how crazy a situation you leave them in.