There a trick to obtaining Gems?

#11GeneralFox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:47:50 AM
GX000 posted...
you're gonna hate this but i just unlocked Rainbow Dash... and she costs 500 gems...

:p

blah

my favorites are Celestia, Rainbow Dash, Cadence, and Luna. Celestia is nearly 1000 gems and Rainbow Dash is 500... i don't even want to know how much Cadence and Luna are...

thank Celestia that the elements of harmony don't need their owners around to activate them... well time to go and collect magic shards to activate the last element. (i didn't plan it this way but it just happened that magic was the last one to do... quite fitting though.)

Luna I believe becomes free when you beat the game. which requires you spend 500 on Dash, 90 on Rarity and I think 350 gems on the large clock tower. ( the only quest you can't simply skip )
---
~Stargazer
#12xxxthetoadxxxPosted 11/19/2012 11:07:21 AM
I can't get any gems and I'm level 52. How do u get so many?
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 & Halo 4.
GT: xxxthetoadxxx
#13gingerwingsPosted 11/19/2012 3:42:05 PM
GX000 posted...
thank Celestia that the elements of harmony don't need their owners around to activate them...

you dont need them to activate the stones, but you DO need the characters to complete the story, apparently.

so far the best way of obtaining gems I have come across is the 'get free gems' option that occasionally shows itself on the gem purchasing page. I've only seen it once, though - I got 10 gems for watching 10 advertisements, and then they ran out of ads. I havn't seen the option since.
the second best way is getting them as bonuses for levelling up, completing quests and logging in every day - though of course, thanks to level cap at 60 this source of revenue is finite. At 3 gems every 5 days with the daily reward system, it would take you almost 3 years to save up for both Rainbow Dash and Rarity.
Though I haven't utilised it myself, another method is the balloon pop game that uses heart tokens. I'm still saving up my hearts for other ponies, but apparently one 30 token game can possibly get you 2-3 gems.

personally, I'm holding out for a game update that makes things a little more fair. no way I'm forking out enough money for a real console game just so I can access a couple of characters in this one.
#14xxxthetoadxxxPosted 11/22/2012 12:22:20 PM
Again, so how did he get so many so fast?
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 & Halo 4.
GT: xxxthetoadxxx
#15GeneralFox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 6:31:29 AM
There's hacks for the game to have 60,000+ Gems and maxed out everything else on the web.
---
~Stargazer
#16LidiakPosted 12/6/2012 9:13:34 AM
I'm not sure about the hacks, will probably go try that now... But I am ticked off at GameLoft for stiffing me out of my 230 gems that I earned through the "Free Gems" option. I bought a magazine subscription, signed up for a few other programs, and over a week has passed and I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY GEMS. I'm beyond mad by now. They told me they had already credited my account, which is BS. I've bought a couple things and I'm sure they could see my gems history and current total if they really wanted to. I will continue to complain until I get my gems!! Has anyone else ever been scammed?

-xoxo
#17StormDragon27Posted 12/9/2012 7:03:54 AM
Ordinarily I would agree that simply paying for gems (or other in-game currency), in any other type of game, would be cheating, but I really think this game (and others like it) are not designed at all to get sufficient amounts of gems through normal play. I think they put those items in with high costs so that people will spend money in the game to get them.
---
360 Gamertag- Stormdragon27
PSN- MizuKageXIV -3DS FC: 1461 6300 3467
#18LidiakPosted 12/10/2012 7:30:22 AM
StormDragon27 posted...
Ordinarily I would agree that simply paying for gems (or other in-game currency), in any other type of game, would be cheating, but I really think this game (and others like it) are not designed at all to get sufficient amounts of gems through normal play. I think they put those items in with high costs so that people will spend money in the game to get them.

Agreed, and have no problem doing so, but I expect that I will receive what I paid for... Still no results from GL Customer Service, and it's ticking me off. :p