Magic Shards?!

#1WaferMonPosted 11/10/2012 9:24:07 PM
Does anyone know a reliable way of getting Magic shards? They seem to be insanely rare, compared to the other shard types.

I've literally got 999 of all 5 other shard types, but barely any Magic.

Highly annoying not only because I need 150 of them for Twilight's harmony stone, but my town is infested with purple parasprites that require Magic shards...

I've got the 3 highest shops (Hospital/Cafe/Trick Shop) all with 3 ponies inside each of them, but they rarely give magic shards.

How are you supposed to get magic shards? Because the way I'm getting them now really sucks.
#2GeneralFoxPosted 11/10/2012 10:58:10 PM
I think specific stores are better at dropping specific shards. In my non buy and non cheat run I seem to be getting semi decent amounts from the apple stand or the bookstore so far. ( and I'll be stuck on rarity for a while since she requires 90 gems to buy her... >_> )
---
~Stargazer
#3GeneralFoxPosted 11/11/2012 6:03:18 AM
This is also speculation. But early on I figured out that all the shops, when three ponies are working in them, the first option becomes more profitable when you add up the time it takes to get payed vs total paid. Take the windmill for instant, in 3 minutes time you'll get 159 bits whike the bread is around 136 i believe.

What they don't tell you us how this effects exp and element gems. You mught have a better chance of getting rarer or just getting gems on the second option at the loss of some bits.

I have no hard evidence though, I can just say that element gems are not 100% garuntee'd when you get paid from a shop.
---
~Stargazer
#4WaferMon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 6:10:29 AM
Yeah, I did some testing and I found that I more frequently get magic shards from the Hospital by using the 2nd option instead of the 1st.

I'll try out the apple stand and book store, though.
#5WaferMon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 9:44:50 AM
After 20 clock-changes, I did not get a single Magic shard from the apple stand or book store. Thus I can conclude that they don't give any. (or just have an insanely low chance)

Whereas the Hospital seems to drop 1 or 2 Magic's every 2-3 times. But still, I gotta farm 25 more to get rid of the parasprites, and then 150 more for the Harmony Stone...

How the hell does Gameloft expect people to do this legitimately??
#6devlogicPosted 11/11/2012 12:34:40 PM
>How the hell does Gameloft expect people to do this legitimately??
By spending lots of US Dollars to buy gems and play Balloon Pop. Cynical, I know, but it's a freemium game...
#7devlogicPosted 11/11/2012 12:40:59 PM
Oh, and General Fox is totally right. If you're running three ponies per store, the first ones (windmill, lemon stand, cherry stand) have the absolute best payout-to-time ratios.

I.e.:

Lemon Stand, option 1, 3 ponies: 158 bits in 180 seconds, or 0.8778 bits/sec
Cherry Stand, option 1, 3 ponies: 105 bits in 120 seconds, or 0.87500 bits/sec
Windmill, option 1, 3 ponies: 53 bits in 60 seconds, or 0.88333 bits/sec

Of course, this only works if you're paying attention. The longer you wait before "harvesting" the payouts from these stores, the faster the ratio drops. When I'm turning the game off for extended periods of time, I always fill up the highest-paying stores (for me, right now, the day spa, hat shop, carrot farm, and bookstore).
#8GeneralFoxPosted 11/11/2012 1:37:08 PM
devlogic posted...
Oh, and General Fox is totally right. If you're running three ponies per store, the first ones (windmill, lemon stand, cherry stand) have the absolute best payout-to-time ratios.

I.e.:

Lemon Stand, option 1, 3 ponies: 158 bits in 180 seconds, or 0.8778 bits/sec
Cherry Stand, option 1, 3 ponies: 105 bits in 120 seconds, or 0.87500 bits/sec
Windmill, option 1, 3 ponies: 53 bits in 60 seconds, or 0.88333 bits/sec

Of course, this only works if you're paying attention. The longer you wait before "harvesting" the payouts from these stores, the faster the ratio drops. When I'm turning the game off for extended periods of time, I always fill up the highest-paying stores (for me, right now, the day spa, hat shop, carrot farm, and bookstore).

I'm currently Lv 45 with 22 ponies ( 23 on the way ), so most of my shops are filled. Now if Rarity wasn't a royal pain to purchase without buying currency or cheating. ( which I've avoid so far )...
---
~Stargazer
#9GX000Posted 11/11/2012 1:42:03 PM
GeneralFox posted...
I'm currently Lv 45 with 22 ponies ( 23 on the way ), so most of my shops are filled. Now if Rarity wasn't a royal pain to purchase without buying currency or cheating. ( which I've avoid so far )...

have you noticed that Rainbow Dash is 500 gems?
---
Hey everypony, listen to this: FRIENDSHIP IS MAG- *gets shot*
~~|[Proud to be a Brony]|~~ ////Life is not an app////
#10GeneralFoxPosted 11/11/2012 1:50:41 PM
GX000 posted...
GeneralFox posted...

have you noticed that Rainbow Dash is 500 gems?

Oh... crap...
---
~Stargazer