Balloon Pop ponies

#1PSO CheZiPosted 11/11/2012 8:50:36 PM
Please don't tell me that the only way to win Snails, Time Turner, and the other ponies unlocked via Balloon Pop is to play the gem/heart versions...
---
"What if...she exploded...and then exploded again?"
"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?"
#2GeneralFoxPosted 11/11/2012 9:00:23 PM(edited)
You can cheat them ( except for snails ) by disabling wifi/internet. On the IPhone, just turn on airplane mode, exit the game and re enter and instead of balloon game you can just flat out purchase them with bits.

I bought up the Caramel before I realized it was a bug or whatever. I thought it was some sort of special deal I missed lol.

---
~Stargazer
#3CaptCharisma3Posted 11/11/2012 10:03:55 PM
I was able to purchase Dr. Whooves with bits after a while somehow.
---
*kneels like HBK as pyros go off*
XFace gon give it to ya
#4PSO CheZi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:21:16 AM
Does anyone know if they're winnable in the free version of the Balloon Pop, though? Or is it just the gem/heart versions? That exploit is good to know, though, and I might try that if it turns out that you can't win them in the free version.
---
"What if...she exploded...and then exploded again?"
"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?"
#5GeneralFoxPosted 11/12/2012 6:41:05 AM
I presume it's the free version. If you look at the balloons on the character it shows the ones used for the free version.

It doesn't help though that the gems version has a picture of Celestia on it suggesting characters can come from it though. =/
---
~Stargazer
#6GX000Posted 11/12/2012 2:59:47 PM
in all my time playing free balloon pop, i've NEVER gotten anything other than bits and shards. i've played it at least 30 times now. i think i can safely say that if ponies can be acquired from the free balloon pop then there's a very low chance of them appearing. that's if they even appear at all.

i accidentally played the gem version once (20 gems down the drain... T.T) and got snips.
---
Hey everypony, listen to this: FRIENDSHIP IS MAG- *gets shot*
~~|[Proud to be a Brony]|~~ ////Life is not an app////
#7gingerwingsPosted 11/12/2012 4:10:12 PM
GX000 posted...
i accidentally played the gem version once (20 gems down the drain... T.T) and got snips.

lucky :P I did that too, cept all I got was a statue, a water tower and some shards
#8rychu_supadudePosted 11/18/2012 4:35:51 AM
Oh, so that's what causes it? Poor Snails, destined to be forever alone...

It seems that the same bug also causes Soarin and Fleetfoot to swap their prices, with the end result that Soarin could potentially be obtained without the use of gems. Of course, with my luck they'll have already patched this situation long before I can raise enough bits to afford him. (I just got Applejack a couple of hours ago, so I'm not exactly raking in the dough yet!)

What a bizarre glitch - surely there's no possible way they could have missed this during testing?
#9LucarioLatiosDSPosted 11/21/2012 6:36:35 AM
GeneralFox posted...
You can cheat them ( except for snails ) by disabling wifi/internet. On the IPhone, just turn on airplane mode, exit the game and re enter and instead of balloon game you can just flat out purchase them with bits.

I bought up the Caramel before I realized it was a bug or whatever. I thought it was some sort of special deal I missed lol.

HOLY CRAP, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!
---
Pokemon White FC: 0518 6576 3830 3DS FC: 0645 5776 1332
#10GeneralFoxPosted 11/21/2012 9:58:09 AM
This glitch also apparently allows you to purchase Soarin for bits instead of Gems.
---
~Stargazer