Land of Carnage and Item Sea questions

#1VulcanShock45Posted 4/18/2013 9:55:14 AM
Alright i don't have this game yet and wont until the US version comes out. However with my run in with my irritation of Disgaea 4's Meowkin pirate business, I thought of a question.

1. Does anyone know how to unlock LoC in this game? Is it heavily RNG driven or is is more like D2's way of doing it? I didn't play much of D3 but is it like that?

2. Is it only in LoC where the rank 34+ items will be found this time?

3. Now as far as the Item World (Sea) goes, is the old combat master now a mystery room in the Item Sea?

4. Also is there still two separate paths for the Item Sea?

Now i'm aware that is a lot of questions and some of them may be in different topics already but the last time i played D4 these questions piled into my head.
---
I Lelouch Vi Brittania Command you, All of you DIE.
- Lelouch Code Geass
#2HolyLancer9Posted 4/18/2013 10:01:59 AM(edited)
VulcanShock45 posted...
Alright i don't have this game yet and wont until the US version comes out. However with my run in with my irritation of Disgaea 4's Meowkin pirate business, I thought of a question.

1. Does anyone know how to unlock LoC in this game? Is it heavily RNG driven or is is more like D2's way of doing it? I didn't play much of D3 but is it like that?

3. Now as far as the Item World (Sea) goes, is the old combat master now a mystery room in the Item Sea?

Now i'm aware that is a lot of questions and some of them may be in different topics already but the last time i played D4 these questions piled into my head.

1.) LoC isn't even a physical place anymore. It is an option that you choose in the cheat shop. You can switch between the regular world multiplier, and the LoC multiplier at any time.

2.) Yes. It is pretty much the same as it has always been in that respect.

3.) yes it is. However, mystery rooms do not exist like they did in the past few games. You sometimes are randomly taken to mystery room after you clear a floor. One of these is the combat master. Keep in mind that unlike the previous games, you can actually buy as many of the skills as you want, for as many characters as you want each time you run into him, provided you have the money for that. In the past, you could only buy one skill for one character at a time, IIRC.

4.) Yes, but it isn't like Disgaea 4. It is just another option you choose in the cheat shop. You can choose item level route, or innocent route before you go into the item, and can change it back and forth at any time.
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#3VulcanShock45(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:16:49 AM
HolyLancer9 posted...
VulcanShock45 posted...

1.) LoC isn't even a physical place anymore. It is an option that you choose in the cheat shop. You can switch between the regular world multiplier, and the LoC multiplier at any time.

2.) Yes. It is pretty much the same as it has always been in that respect.

3.) yes it is. However, mystery rooms do not exist like they did in the past few games. You sometimes are randomly taken to mystery room after you clear a floor. One of these is the combat master. Keep in mind that unlike the previous games, you can actually buy as many of the skills as you want, for as many characters as you want each time you run into him, provided you have the money for that. In the past, you could only buy one skill for one character at a time, IIRC.

4.) Yes, but it isn't like Disgaea 4. It is just another option you choose in the cheat shop. You can choose item level route, or innocent route before you go into the item, and can change it back and forth at any time.

Alright thanks for a quick response.

1.) Great no more farming items for pirates and resets just to find the correct one I only assume its very expensive to unlock.

2.) So as long as I have the LoC multiplier I can get up to R39 weapons?

3.) That's going to take some getting used to, But at least i can just buy skills but do i learn it via weapon mastery level or does it just equip? Speaking of weapon mastery are arms masters innocents back?

4.) Well that's cool now I won't mess up picking the path when i'm in auto pilot play anymore. Unless of course I forget to go to the cheat shop.
---
- Lelouch Code Geass
#4r0xm2nPosted 4/18/2013 3:53:37 PM
The option for LoC is given to you upon reaching postgame. No fancy unlock requirements of any type.

Pirates can appear instantly when you enter a floor, so you never need to hunt for them, as they'll find you all the time. The cheat shop can toggle how often they appear, you can even turn them off.
---
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
#5Unknown_PCPosted 4/18/2013 6:35:27 PM
VulcanShock45 posted...

Alright thanks for a quick response.

1.) Great no more farming items for pirates and resets just to find the correct one I only assume its very expensive to unlock.

2.) So as long as I have the LoC multiplier I can get up to R39 weapons?

3.) That's going to take some getting used to, But at least i can just buy skills but do i learn it via weapon mastery level or does it just equip? Speaking of weapon mastery are arms masters innocents back?

4.) Well that's cool now I won't mess up picking the path when i'm in auto pilot play anymore. Unless of course I forget to go to the cheat shop.

2) Yep, as long as the enemies are high enough level, around 6,000+ or so with LoC turned on. You also get the chance to buy R39 stuff every 10 floors from the Innocent Island shop NPC.

So you can clear a rank 33~34 item to 10th floor in normal, gency out, turn on LoC with rank 20 enemies, go back to item, clear 10th floor, and see if legendary rank 39 item is on sell in Innocent Island.

3) Combat master just teaches two hidden skills like previous games. You still need to level your weapon mastery high enough to unlock normal weapon skills. And yes, arm master innocents are back.

4) Both paths will end up with the same stat for the item, so it's difficult to mess up. Once you clear 100 floors of a legendary item, you'll also be sent back to 1st floor of that item; so you can run it over and over to max it to level 300.
---
PSN - Unknown_PC
#6simjoPosted 4/18/2013 8:30:21 PM
Unknown_PC posted...

4) Both paths will end up with the same stat for the item, so it's difficult to mess up. Once you clear 100 floors of a legendary item, you'll also be sent back to 1st floor of that item; so you can run it over and over to max it to level 300.

Wait. In that case, what is the advantage of taking the item path over the innocent path?
#7The Shadow ManPosted 4/18/2013 10:58:23 PM
Probably to level the item or innocent quicker for if you are only going in part ways and not all the way to lvl 100, or if you are running item seas on common or rare items (only 30 or 60 floors respectively)

I have a question though. Will there be any levels that have any nasty geo effects like in the x-dimension maps of Disgaea 3 and 4? (Such as Absolute area, Game Over, Bye-bye, etc.). I loved those maps.
---
The darkness shall prevail!
#8r0xm2nPosted 4/19/2013 12:10:32 AM
Unfortunately, there isn't an x dimension, that I know of. I kinda liked those maps too...
---
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
#9Crono exePosted 4/21/2013 3:37:47 PM
I'm gonna miss unlocking the LoC the old way... Sure it was challenging, but it was a whole other level going inside such a dark place.
---
Con ganas de engrasar la macana. Quien no?
#10VulcanShock45(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:19:11 PM
Well all of this is getting me excited however i while i won't really miss the pirate hunt it is the reason i liked item world in D2
---
- Lelouch Code Geass