Asagi, and whether she will ever get her Game

#1pnpdarrelPosted 5/23/2013 2:27:31 PM
So, the one thing I have to wonder, as I see another amazing Disgaea game come out, is if our favorite cameo star will ever get her game. While reading the comments on siliconera's interview with Nippon Ichi on the Guided Fate Paradox, this idea for her game pooped up.

"Xerain 3 months ago
I want N1 to pretend to make an Asagi game. She can have her name in the title and everything. However, she isn't actually the main character. She's busy off in other worlds breaking into other games, so she misses her chance. Therefore each chapter has a different N1 character cosplaying as Asagi as a stand-in.

Finally she shows up and crashes her own game during the final boss sequence."

Can I just say this is amazing? Cause it totally is. Oh, and they mentioned something about actually having official polls about an Asagi game in Japan and the West.
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade invite ID: 96353b16
#2Snorlax_exlaxPosted 5/23/2013 3:21:10 PM
It would be nice for her to develop more personality, and lose the MC lust gimmick.

I like her design, so I've always wanted her to be more interesting.
---
The Xbox One: Satan's Official Console
#3will57Posted 5/23/2013 4:20:40 PM
Coincidentally, there was also this article from Sciliconera today http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/is-nippon-ichi-working-on-a-game-with-a-battle-princess/
It could be anything, but it feels like Asagi should get her own game already and I wouldn't mind if this was it (although I doubt it will be).
---
Currently waiting the release of The Guided Fate Paradox (Fall), Disgaea D2 (Fall), Dragon's Crown (August) and Time and Eternity (Summer)
#4Godly_GoofPosted 5/23/2013 6:14:33 PM
NIS was doing the Asagi diaries for ages with the rumor that an Asagi game would be the end result so it's distinctly possible that it is.

Honestly I'm hoping Asagi does get her own game, but I really want the ending of the game to be akin to the wizard of Oz where the whole game is Asagi truing to get her own game only to get to the end to find out "Asagi, youve been the main character all along." followed by Asagi waking up to find the whole game was just a dream and as she starts freaking out just start rolling the credits. I would die laughing if they did that for the ending XD
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5ZaishiPosted 5/24/2013 6:27:29 AM
If she does get a game I hope it will be a little more serious. I've pictured her in a slightly serious sci-fi setting similar to like Aedis Eclipse. I'd really prefer it not to be a joke game, but I think it would be funny if like her low res sprite made a cameo in the post-game as the alternate version of her that still doesn't have a game.

I don't think it will happen though, I think NIS has pretty much locked her in her current role. I imagine she's as likely to get her own game as Pleinair, the Prism Rangers, or Baal.
#6KingTumbleweedPosted 5/24/2013 2:22:13 PM
If Asagi gets her own, game consider her whole gag over. She would no longer appear in games trying to be the main character if she was a main character would she?
---
Official Ferrothorn(Spaghetti) of Pokemon X/Y boards. Shadow Ferrothorn Admin of somewhere.
Certainly not a spy for any teams
#7will57Posted 5/24/2013 2:49:23 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...
If Asagi gets her own, game consider her whole gag over. She would no longer appear in games trying to be the main character if she was a main character would she?

If the game ended with it all being a dream or a joke, the long running gag could still go on. She would still want to actually be a main character in a game for once.
---
Currently waiting the release of The Guided Fate Paradox (Fall), Disgaea D2 (Fall), Dragon's Crown (August) and Time and Eternity (Summer)
#8aces4839Posted 5/26/2013 7:28:27 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...

maybe not about being the main character but as main characters from the main series get ported into 3 & 4 (& 2), it's more than possible.
---
PSN: aces4839 --- feel free to add me.
#9clericfanPosted 5/26/2013 11:33:51 AM
sadly they tend to make character pretty "flat"(not the Etna's kind of flat), i mean, what can you tell about Asagi aside from being a dual welding gunmer and trying to be the MC?
wont get me wrong she is my waifu and everything but as much as i would love to see her having her own game she is a gag and always will be, however i hope i am wrong...
they promise a figure if "AsagiFC" reach certain number of members, will you guy bey it? even if it does look a bit off(again, hope im wrong) and it is a N1shop exclusive?
#10GothannPosted 5/26/2013 7:06:17 PM
aces4839 posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

maybe not about being the main character but as main characters from the main series get ported into 3 & 4 (& 2), it's more than possible.

Well considering how previous main characters have had paper thin storylines to introduce them in other Disgaea games, NIS wouldn't have to put much thought into making up a reason why Asagi would visit yet another Netherworld. Depending on her game's story, it could be a slight mention of her game's plot with no other actual reason for her to be there.

Then again, Disgaea 4 actually gave her an interesting side-joke of having her old non-HD sprite available from the start and her HD sprite unlockable via DLC. Maybe that could be her new schtick after she becomes a main character: An enduring reminder of how NIS took way too long to update its sprites.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.