Still no other Baal beaters?

#11MystearicaGrantPosted 8/5/2013 1:34:41 AM
ShinKitsura posted...
Not sure how to bridge this gap from normal to Shura mode much less rasetsu mode which is insane.

The way is, basically, to take some higher end equips, such as Testament, Exodus, or Trapezohedron(as well as weapons and such), and level them up. That, combined with Cave of Ordeals to hit Level 9999, nets good stats.

IIRC, it's Traps and the best weapon of your choice at high levels that people suggest for breaking into Land of Carnage. Once you can clear maps in there, it's just using stronger and stronger enemies, raising Stronger Enemies rank more and more, and absorbing stats until you can rip Pringer to bits.

Busting into Rakshasa/Land of Annihilation is similar. Level 300 Gear, absorbed stats up to the cap for Carnage, or close to that cap, and finding a map you can clear that isn't bad for stats.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#12HolyLancer9Posted 8/5/2013 10:43:36 AM
There's a weird bug regarding aptitudes. I don't know if it ever got fixed, or partially fixed, or what.

We discussed it here;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/687861-disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness/66459203
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#13rawkdawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 11:24:30 AM
HolyLancer9 posted...
There's a weird bug regarding aptitudes. I don't know if it ever got fixed, or partially fixed, or what.

We discussed it here;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/687861-disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness/66459203

This is not a glitch! It's just bad luck. Eventually every aptitude reaches 300%.

I've had very skewed %'s too, but they all reach max eventually.
---
I wish Koro-chan was my dog
#14ShinKitsuraPosted 8/5/2013 5:22:11 PM
That thread was talking about a huge skew. For me I have never seen the message popup before so all my aptitudes are still base +25%. Will try running thru another full cycle to see if I can get them to increase.
#15rawkdawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 5:45:03 PM(edited)
ShinKitsura posted...
That thread was talking about a huge skew. For me I have never seen the message popup before so all my aptitudes are still base +25%. Will try running thru another full cycle to see if I can get them to increase.

Not to be rude, but are you sure Laharl is in the correct place in the Dojo? It's the 3rd from the bottom. Crossed swords emblem.
---
#16Gogeta887Posted 8/5/2013 6:33:02 PM
rawkdawg, What all did you have when you beat Baal?
---
If time is to change... let it change. If the world is to be destroyed... so be it. If it is my fate to die... I must simply laugh.
#17rawkdawg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 7:07:39 PM
Gogeta887 posted...
rawkdawg, What all did you have when you beat Baal?

I'll say as much detail as I remember.

My attacker was a Samurai with maxed reincarnation and Shura bonuses. Also 0 hearts with all 127 other characters (generic nothings I created, and story guys). Another character (Samurai) was also maxed.

My main woman (William, she started as a male warrior, then thief, then female fighter) had a 999 Trap, a cellphone (for 100% hit rate) and cat ears.

Innocents included a 500 guardian, heart conservative (whatever it's called), and 100 resistance for all 5 status effects.

She had all attack abilities learned. Most were at level 0.

The rest is strategy. If you would like me to tell you more just ask.
---
#18ShinKitsuraPosted 8/5/2013 7:19:48 PM
rawkdawg posted...
ShinKitsura posted...

Not to be rude, but are you sure Laharl is in the correct place in the Dojo? It's the 3rd from the bottom. Crossed swords emblem.

That might be the problem. I need to go check once I can access my console.
#19HolyLancer9Posted 8/5/2013 8:05:12 PM
It isn't bad luck when some aptitudes get all the way to 300%, and some haven't even increased at all.

It is a glitch. It is even documented on Japanese sites, and the wiki.
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#20ugge85Posted 8/5/2013 8:42:13 PM(edited)
it's very uneven and weird, that's for sure. My Flonne has her ATK and HIT (of all things Oo) at 300% while HP/SP/DEF is at only 170%
---
"You leave my moped OUT of this!"