Concerning Weapon Levels

#1PhantasmKariPosted 9/2/2013 8:38:03 PM
So we got weapon levels back, i'm rather mixed about this personally...

How will this effect monster units? After a certain point in Disgaea 1 and 2 monsters become less and less powerful in comparison to human units.

Disgaea 3 did away with this and the difference between Monster and Human was now Lift, Magichange and Weapon Skills. (And i loved Magichange, going to miss it...)

Or were monsters given Weapon Levels as well?

I'm only asking this because Desco, Beryl, Gig and Overlord Prier are among my favorite units already announced. And i quite enjoyed them being completely overpowered in D3 / D4 =D

Also, not relevant. but if anybody knows. Can the new DLC Eclair shift forms? It doesn't look like she gets to have both out on the field like Prier does, and it only showed Dark Eclair in her final move. So while i am doubtful, figured i'd tack it on and see if anyone knew =3
#2XcZeus3469Posted 9/2/2013 8:45:51 PM
yeah I asked the question but haven't gotten an answer either
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
#3MystearicaGrantPosted 9/2/2013 9:09:53 PM
I remember mention that Magic Monster weapons give the same boost as Staff weapons would give from Mastery, so at very least, that works fine... makes me think that it is similar to how it was in D1 and D2, since those games had an effect akin to weapon mastery that was tied to monster level.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#4PrismsbladePosted 9/3/2013 4:34:12 AM
No unlike prier/overlord prier who are two separate units Esclair is only one, her dark form is used only in attack animations. Which is understandable due to the limit of dlc characters so if they did actually give us dark eclair it would sorta have been screwing over another character, and their fan base.......

So for that wave it was either prier alternate form, or eclair, and obviously they chose the former.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#5Mikey_RPosted 9/3/2013 7:05:23 AM
Monsters didn't get shafted because they had something else that increased the stats from a weapon, and that was their level. The bonus armour gets, the monsters also got for their weapons.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#6XcZeus3469Posted 9/3/2013 7:12:50 AM
Prismsblade posted...
No unlike prier/overlord prier who are two separate units Esclair is only one, her dark form is used only in attack animations. Which is understandable due to the limit of dlc characters so if they did actually give us dark eclair it would sorta have been screwing over another character, and their fan base.......

So for that wave it was either prier alternate form, or eclair, and obviously they chose the former.

yeah but they could have always just done the sprite swap ability like in la pucelle...they didn't even need to give her new attacks, I just think DE looks cooler
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
#7PhantasmKari(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 1:54:54 AM
Mikey_R posted...
Monsters didn't get shafted because they had something else that increased the stats from a weapon, and that was their level. The bonus armour gets, the monsters also got for their weapons.

If that was in effect in D1 and D2 i must not have invested enough time into Monsters before Disgaea 3.
Still knowing this is helpful, thank you very much.

XcZeus3469 posted...
Prismsblade posted...

yeah but they could have always just done the sprite swap ability like in la pucelle...they didn't even need to give her new attacks, I just think DE looks cooler

I would rather have her moveset be different... But I still was hopeful for a "Mode Change" for variety =D And I honestly think Prier should have been the same(Making Overlord Prier a human unit or Human a Monster but keeping their different skills) and that they should have brought in Aluette or Croix, lol. A girl can dream of rebuilding her favorite Soul Nomad and La Pucelle characters =D even if they never come true. (Though they did answer my Phantom Brave hopes with Ash and Marona =D)

Anyway thank you for the information.