Red mage not learning Giga

#1djm77Posted 10/10/2013 2:23:05 AM
It's strange, my red mage didn't learn Giga Fire at lvl 20 for some reason. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Is there a fix for it or should I just reincarnate and try again? My green mage learned Giga Wind when she was supposed to.
#2Milla_MaxwellPosted 10/10/2013 2:24:47 AM
Mages work differently now.

Go to the Dark Assembly and select "Promote" and upgrade her to a green mage and she'll learn better spells.

Mages don't learn spells based on Color anymore, they learn them based on the Element Forte you chose when Making/Reincarnating them.
---
My inner thoughts described in one YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q4Ajom97JsA#t=8
#3djm77(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:28:48 AM
Wow that's weird. I wasn't expected to have to promote my red mage to a green mage to have her learn better fire spells. lol
#4Alukard1Posted 10/10/2013 2:38:45 AM
Choose Fire Forte to have access to Fire ==> Tera Fire, Ice Forte for ice magics, etc
#5djm77(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:50:50 AM
That did the trick. Thanks for the help!
#6DivonaPosted 10/10/2013 3:33:56 AM
Ok I need to wrap my head around this just a bit more. So a Red "Ice mage" will learn more ice spells when he/she is promoted to a Green "Ice mage". Color is now rank, element the personal choice. That covers promotions, and I assume transmigrations as well?
#7HappyFrisbeesPosted 10/10/2013 5:50:34 AM
Divona posted...
Ok I need to wrap my head around this just a bit more. So a Red "Ice mage" will learn more ice spells when he/she is promoted to a Green "Ice mage". Color is now rank, element the personal choice. That covers promotions, and I assume transmigrations as well?

You're right. With the mage names it can be confusing, but basically forget the name of the rank. Just look at the stars. A 1 star mage learns basic stuff, and a 2 star mage learns more stuff. The forte you choose is their element.
#8Madridiq8ePosted 10/10/2013 6:08:30 AM
so if i promoted my fire mage to the next class he'll be green and will learn the giga fire and omega ?
and if I want the same mage to learn the wind spells I have to reincarnate him to the first class and choose wind element ?
#9FlareskyPosted 10/10/2013 6:12:43 AM
If you want him to learn wind, either reincarnate, or make another mage proficient with wind element, and use apprentice/master system. Though if u want the stronger spells as well, u have to lvl the newly created mage a bit.
---
Life does not limit our actions. Its our actions that limit our life.
Flaresky of the Flaming Skies
#10ionenwksPosted 10/10/2013 6:54:50 AM
While I don't mind the new system, wish they'd have changed witch/skull's default coloring to make the change more obvious (aka, something more neutral or a mix of colors rather than classic red/blue/green, since their colors don't seem to mean anything anymore).

Kinda glad they changed it though, hated how mages felt like the single oddball out of all the classes tier-wise.