Demon Dojo

#1ItsTheJetLifePosted 10/14/2013 11:10:27 AM
I know there is one other topic on this but to me there was no sure answer in the thread. My question is, does the demon dojo strictly effect apptitude? If so, where does leveling come in? I'm trying to stack as much ATK as possible on Laharl and I missed out on some if it in fact increases the amount of a stat gained every level. I'm only at the very beginning but I'm a bit of a perfectionist if you coulodn't tell..
#2jonnovision1Posted 10/14/2013 11:14:33 AM
only one of the Demon Dojo's 14 rooms increase Aptitude, Weapon Assembly, this has a chance of increasing any aptitude each time the character in the room was deployed when a stage was finished

you can't permanently screw up a character
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN White 2 FC: 5072 5718 1314
#3AshtonRPG7Posted 10/14/2013 11:15:05 AM
top trainings affect stat gain per level

however close to the bottom there's an aptitude training that appears post game only

which increases aptitudes randomly with the character u are training in it after battles not gaining levels

also apts caps at 300%
#4RPGierPosted 10/14/2013 11:37:40 AM
ItsTheJetLife posted...
I know there is one other topic on this but to me there was no sure answer in the thread. My question is, does the demon dojo strictly effect apptitude? If so, where does leveling come in? I'm trying to stack as much ATK as possible on Laharl and I missed out on some if it in fact increases the amount of a stat gained every level. I'm only at the very beginning but I'm a bit of a perfectionist if you coulodn't tell..

Character has to be in the correct training group and the aptitude increase is awarded randomly at the end of the fight if the character survived on the battlefield. It's random so you don't get increase after every fight. More like 10% of the time.
#5Chaos GrimoirePosted 10/14/2013 11:42:26 AM
If your at the start still I suggest restarting the game to grind stage 1-1 with EXP 0 turned on(turn it on as soon as you start the game, since the idea is to stay at lv1).

Just create 4 generic human units(minimum), since Laharl/Etna/Flonne and one of the prinnies you start with can represent dojo bonuses. Creating 7 human units is best, along with Laharl/Etna/Flonne, so they all gain Mana(by the time your done they should have enough mana for their first promotions) and affection levels.

Laharl will gain the most mana (so you can unlock Fuka/Desco if you have the DLC, or come close to enough to 300 Mana) since he's doing the attacking. Give Laharl equipment to boost HP/DEF/RES so the enemies can't hurt him. Your weapon makes little difference since all 10 unts will attack at once.

Use muscles and orbs when you get them, along with high DEF armor(pass more expensive equipment and buy festival clothes) since the Orb will cover for RES. Once his stats are high enough from equipment set enemies to 1 star(they become lv3 monsters) in the cheat shop. This is optional but you'll get more HL and Mana.

You only need to clear the stage 100 times(with one for each dojo bonus present on the battlefield) to max the first set of dojo bonuses, which takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hours with all animations turned off(important).

Then you can play the game without worrying about not getting the full bonus.
#6jonnovision1Posted 10/14/2013 11:44:34 AM
Chaos Grimoire posted...
If your at the start still I suggest restarting the game to grind stage 1-1 with EXP 0 turned on(turn it on as soon as you start the game, since the idea is to stay at lv1).

Just create 4 generic human units(minimum), since Laharl/Etna/Flonne and one of the prinnies you start with can represent dojo bonuses. Creating 7 human units is best, along with Laharl/Etna/Flonne, so they all gain Mana(by the time your done they should have enough mana for their first promotions) and affection levels.

Laharl will gain the most mana (so you can unlock Fuka/Desco if you have the DLC, or come close to enough to 300 Mana) since he's doing the attacking. Give Laharl equipment to boost HP/DEF/RES so the enemies can't hurt him. Your weapon makes little difference since all 10 unts will attack at once.

Use muscles and orbs when you get them, along with high DEF armor(pass more expensive equipment and buy festival clothes) since the Orb will cover for RES. Once his stats are high enough from equipment set enemies to 1 star(they become lv3 monsters) in the cheat shop. This is optional but you'll get more HL and Mana.

You only need to clear the stage 100 times(with one for each dojo bonus present on the battlefield) to max the first set of dojo bonuses, which takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hours with all animations turned off(important).

Then you can play the game without worrying about not getting the full bonus.

this is such a huge waste of time it hurts
---
#7ItsTheJetLife(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 11:55:41 AM
Preciate the info everyone. Guess I'm being a little petty about this, I'll probably either start over and just use the dojo as early as possible at the lowest level I can or just continue on. I'm only level 15 atm...
#8CyoralPosted 10/14/2013 12:04:43 PM
ItsTheJetLife posted...
Preciate the info everyone. Guess I'm being a little petty about this, I'll probably either start over and just use the dojo as early as possible at the lowest level I can or just continue on. I'm only level 15 atm...

Don't even bother starting over. You're going to spend so much time on this game (if you want max stats) anyhow, so unless you already forgot the story cutscenes there is no reason to start over (even then don't bother because you have the skit viewer in the library). Just take your time and don't worry about going crazy about maxing stats 'till post game. You CANNOT mess a character up in these games.
#9Chaos GrimoirePosted 10/14/2013 12:11:28 PM(edited)
jonnovision1 posted...

It's not really that bad a waste of time if your min/maxing. It's quicker than slowly maxing out the Dojos by just playing.
You eventually need to max out the dojos anyways, so why not get it out of the way before gaining a single level?

If your at the start, restarting won't take long (just 4 easy battles with EXP 0 on the whole time), if only to stay at Lv1 when Dojos are unlocked and maxed.

OP also wanted to min/max, so that would be the best way that doesn't involve benching story characters until those dojo bonuses naturally max out.
#10jonnovision1Posted 10/14/2013 12:08:52 PM
Chaos Grimoire posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

It's not really that bad a waste of time if your min/maxing. It's quicker than slowly maxing out the Dojos by just playing.
You eventually need to max out the dojos anyways, so why not get it out of the way before gaining a single level?

because you can easily max the Dojos while CoO6/6-1 grinding at the same time, wasting time specifically to max Dojos is pointless
---