I got my original set of characters to 9999 for the first time, but I have some questions about reincarnation, re-leveling and postgame that I am confused about. Actually I registered just so I could ask them.
1. The only post-game maps I did not clear on normal mode yet are Pringer X/Z and obviously Baal. I can clear LoC 0-1 Stars in 2 turns and do Item Sea on minimum LoC... I have a lot of R39/38 armor and weapons but they are not leveled up much at all yet and I also have no Arcadia or Trap (I can't find an Arcadia anywhere, and read that I have to steal it from one of the Pringers, but is that true or not? It's one of the few items I have not found to steal in Item Sea).
Also my aptitudes are low and weapon skills not up high. I understand that mass reincarnating will build stats from levels accumulated, but how do I know WHEN to reincarnate, and how many reincarnations per character (is it the same or different for each one?) will I need to do?
I read on here that reincarnating can lower your weapon skill, so that you should finishing doing all reincarnations before leveling weapons to max. In that case, what order should character progression go in to be most efficient and also to avoid "undoing" the effects of earlier farming and to speed up the next stage of farming. Like if I level a R39/40 Item before I farm more stats, will it make stat farming faster, or is stat farming with my current gear first going to make leveling items faster compared to the other way around?
2. I have enough Statisticians that I can level any *monster class* to 9999 in 1 or 2 CoO6 LoC runs and including equipping the unit and setting up the map, that takes about <5 minutes at most. I just have one of my mages mount the monster unit I want to level plus Sea Angels on the map from base panel, and then 2 turns of Tera Fire clears it and gets my monster to cap. The problem is that I don't know what method I can use to get a humanoid unit who is low level up in the same efficient amount of time.
I tried these methods below alternately so far and they do work but they seem really, really slow. They take a lot more than 1-2 maps to go from 1-9999 and also take up way too much time..
* Farm up 140k mana in non-LoC mode on the unit I want to level then give them the Reaper abiity that automatically deathblows at <25% HP while simultaneously learning enough ranks of Tera Fire to get the 3x3. If I leave some small XP boost on while getting mana they get some booster levels anyway. Then I turn on LoC and have a 9999 unit cast a damaging ability that gets the sharks to 25% or below but doesn't kill them, then Sea Angels cast a chain of buffs on the humanoid I want to level (not just to buff but to build combo damage), Magic Knight debuff, then I use the humanoid to cast Tera Fire. Works but requires so much setup.
* Max 5+ stars friendship in the senate using two of my capped characters with the target humanoid I want to level, then place the low level unit next to the capped characters and have them combo attack. This only gets about 4 shark kills per map if I'm lucky although the capped guys get the stat boosts from clearing up the map too. Also a ton of setup.
* Similar to above but instead using tower attack to single target, but also very time consuming and tedious as the first two ideas are when compared to putting a mage on a monster.
* I have Big Bang and all the other Weapon AEs including the Item Sea Prinny abilities, but they don't really seem to compare with learning and using Tera Fire at the moment and pretty much make no difference because I haven't leveled up any weapons to a point where they have a lot of stats.
So is there a way to level a humanoid as fast as a monster? It feels like I am doing something wrong here because all the methods I thought of for humans are just not very good in comparison and I'm putting off leveling new or unique or reincarnating humans right now because of this.
1. Do the Pringer Z fight, and steal his makai wars and arcadia.
2. Go IW in LoC those two items. Specifically, level the arcadia up to floor 98 in either mode. Gency out ON floor 99, and re-enter in LoC mode. At floor 100, steal the r40 gear the Item God 2 has.
3. Level the Trap to 99, leave and re-enter in LoC mode. Steal r40 gear from item god 2.
4. Rinse & repeat.
Also don't bother reincarnating seriously until you can 1-9999 quickly (1-2 CoO6 runs). Humanoids can use Tera Fire, Gun Skill (3x3), Big Bang, Axe Skill (kinda 3x3).
Monsters are relatively weak imho, so focus on humans/uniques with those skills above.
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Basically, get a good trap/weapon so you can start clearing coo6. It's the fastest way to get power early on.
If you can kill monsters in higher level items, then just one guy to kill the gatekeeper and a runner so you can blitz through floors.
Try to find any arcadia - even a common will work since you can run through it to make it legendary. If you can find a legendary, much better since you just want it to steal the trap from IG2 at the bottom.
As for clearing loc, it's mostly just tera flares. The global weakness helps a ton, and alot of peoplr use magic knights with both of her evilities to speed up tjr process (100% dmg when attacking weakness, use elemental resists as bonus dmg).
Reincarnation, I'd say start when you have enough juice to clear coo6 from level 1. You can lose all of your masteries while mass reincarnating but you can get it just as fast, or tinker with cheat shop and innocents so it doesn't drop a s sharply. Personally, I just mass reincarnate until my masteries drop to 50 and then go back to leveling an item. Usually, after 30-50 floors it's back at 255. Aptitudes can be gained while mass reincarnating too. Just deploy your doods along with the guy doing the reincatnations. As for how much reincarnations, you're looking at a total stored level count of 2.5m in rasetsu.
Thanks guys, that really helped clear up a lot of my confusion.
Actually I already had about 10 Makai Wars in my bags when I posted before. Because my 2 IW runners are pretty beast and I don't have any problems stealing or killing portal sentries, I had gone on a stealing spree and stolen every R39 weapon, armor, and accessory that I knew of, and yet had never seen a single Arcadia, not even a white one.
I went and did the Pringers like you suggested and after stealing the Prinny Suit I re-entered a few times and mass stole some Arcadias. What I noticed is that sometimes the Arcadia on the Pringers are white and other times they are green, so I started only stealing the green ones. Only did this a couple times so far - do the Pringers ever have yellow (Legend) quality Arcadias on them, or only green?
Anyway as soon as I go back to playing I will really soon have my first Trap so thank you.
About the reincarnation for humans, I'm assuming by "enough juice" that means that I should get all my current 9999 humans to max aptitudes and have R40 weapons/armors/traps on them before I do my reincarnations, right? But were you (Udamaru) talking about having them be able to clear CoO6 from level 1 on normal or LoC mode? If you don't see this response then anyone else who knows the answer is welcome to say...
Also while I have a soft spot for certain monsters there definitely some humanoids I greatly prefer. I really was only putting off leveling more humans than I already have because of the time disparity between getting a human from 1-9999 and a monster. I'll focus on maxing out the human dudes I have already at 9999 and leveling/getting all my R40 and other rare and special gear for now then.
Thanks guys, that really helped clear up a lot of my confusion.
Yeah, the Pringer Z's have a chance to have all the rarities of equipment. Go back in enough times and eventually you'll have all three tiers.
"36: God of Overlords"