What the heck is "receive distance"

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. What the heck is "receive distance"
2 years ago#1
I'm trying to pass some bills and for monsters instead of throw it's "receive distance" what the heck is that?
2 years ago#2
its the equivalent of throwing for monsters
2 years ago#3
If you throw something onto a monster they'll bounce it further. A high mov, high receive monster is good for getting more range out of your throws.
2 years ago#4
So if monster has a receive distance of 7 that means if I toss someone to him they'll 'bounce' 7 more spaces?
2 years ago#5
FaxModem2000 posted...
So if monster has a receive distance of 7 that means if I toss someone to him they'll 'bounce' 7 more spaces?

I think so. I've only used a monster bounce once so I know what it does, I just don't know the exact details of how it works.
2 years ago#6
That would be exactly how it works. Much like if a humanoid has 7 throw they can throw 7 spaces.
2 years ago#7
yea

combine that with high move shoes + equipping/unequipping those shoes and you can throw someone pretty far
2 years ago#8
One benefit of this is you can deploy a monster to a throwing position that you need, bounce what you need off of them, and then return your monster to the base. Essentially getting a free throw.
2 years ago#9
Best thing about using the monster to bounce people, is it does not use up an action and they can bounce more than once and return. They will bounce in the direction they are facing.
2 years ago#10
The free "throw" is a nice but the direction is linear or can you do trick throws and get angles?
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. What the heck is "receive distance"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived