Land of Chaos/Rasetsu mode

#1OverlordMondoPosted 11/6/2013 10:24:51 PM
So what's the lowdown on these things? I kinda figure the Land of Chaos is mostly like it was in previous games, just with a toggle. Stuff gets way stronger and having that on lets you get the highest ranked items out of the Item World.

I feel like that isn't all of it anymore, though. Something about your stats increasing when you kill things now so long as that's on? And what's the deal with Rasetsu mode? I can tell that it unlocks the Baal fight and that enemy's stats go out of control while that's on, and something about higher stat caps?

I have quite a bit of trouble killing things with Rasetsu mode on, so I was wondering what the specifics are on how that affects your item/character stat growth. I have a level 300 Genesis Staff now with around 650k or so Int on it, and my character's base int is getting capped out at 255 every reincarnation, so I was curious what else I can do to buff myself. (I haven't actually tried to kill anything with this staff yet, so we'll see how that goes, but mostly I'm just confused about what the LoC and Rasetsu stuff does in general.)
---
"Life ceases. Hope fails. You win"
- Hecatomb Trading Card Game
#2Fusion916Posted 11/6/2013 10:26:35 PM
What is the land of chaos?
---
PSN: Fusion916
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916
#3OverlordMondo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 10:41:09 PM
Er, Carnage. Whatever. It's basically the same word.

Either way, I'm mostly figuring stuff out here just browsing around, but I'm still curious about how Rasetsu mode effects leveling, either in terms of The Item World or reincarnation. The in game explanation is kinda like "Everything gets better." It's not especially descriptive.
---
"Life ceases. Hope fails. You win"
- Hecatomb Trading Card Game
#4UdamaruPosted 11/6/2013 11:46:10 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/687861-disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness/67741882
#5gvandalePosted 11/6/2013 11:50:28 PM
LoC: Increases enemy levels. While in LoC, a small percent of their stats are "stolen" when you kill them.

Ratsetsu: Increases enemy stats. While in Ratsetsu mode in IW, you can level items to 999 and also gain an extra stat increase when leveling items (based on boss/pirate kills). Also opens gate to ultimate boss (Baal)

When both are turned on, enemies levels and stats are increased, thus greatly increasing the stats you steal from enemies.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#6LordRavielPosted 11/7/2013 6:09:00 AM
gvandale posted...
LoC: Increases enemy levels. While in LoC, a small percent of their stats are "stolen" when you kill them.

Ratsetsu: Increases enemy stats. While in Ratsetsu mode in IW, you can level items to 999 and also gain an extra stat increase when leveling items (based on boss/pirate kills). Also opens gate to ultimate boss (Baal)

When both are turned on, enemies levels and stats are increased, thus greatly increasing the stats you steal from enemies.

A few extra details on this. LoC stat stealing is 0.1% of the enemies stat for most stats and 0.025% for HP.

For Rasetsu mode enemy stat increases apply a multiplier to their normal stats and a large fixed amount to all stats which are based upon the enemy strenth setting in the cheat shop. The size of the fixed bonus basically dwarfs the basic stats of the enemies making it look like they have even stats across the board.

The size of the fixed bonus is roughly 5m for the 6 lower stats per 100 levels next to enemy strength in the cheat shop. That means with LoC off and max enemy strength you can expect Lv20 to equate to +1m stat enemies. LoC minimum enemy strength starts at Lv100 resulting in +5m stats. The bonus to HP and SP is bigger, something like 150m HP per 100 enemy strength levels in the cheat shop.

There are also more things that Rasetsu Mode increases. It increases...

-The cap on the bonus points you can distribute when reincarnating past 210 (220 with the 10 reincarnation bonus), each stat still caps at 255 though.

-The cap on growth correction when reincarnating from 400% to 10000%

-The cap on stats from 99,999,999 to 999,999,999

-The cap on HP from 100,000,000,000 to 400,000,000,000

-The cap on item level from 300 to 999

-The cap on kill bonus on items from 15% to 15% + 985%. And the extra 985% is based more on the stats of what you kill in the item not the number of kills.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, Disgaea D2,
GTA Online and Pokemon Y.
#7GeminiEclipsePosted 11/7/2013 7:53:28 AM
LordRaviel posted...
gvandale posted...

A few extra details on this. LoC stat stealing is 0.1% of the enemies stat for most stats and 0.025% for HP.

For Rasetsu mode enemy stat increases apply a multiplier to their normal stats and a large fixed amount to all stats which are based upon the enemy strenth setting in the cheat shop. The size of the fixed bonus basically dwarfs the basic stats of the enemies making it look like they have even stats across the board.

The size of the fixed bonus is roughly 5m for the 6 lower stats per 100 levels next to enemy strength in the cheat shop. That means with LoC off and max enemy strength you can expect Lv20 to equate to +1m stat enemies. LoC minimum enemy strength starts at Lv100 resulting in +5m stats. The bonus to HP and SP is bigger, something like 150m HP per 100 enemy strength levels in the cheat shop.

There are also more things that Rasetsu Mode increases. It increases...

-The cap on the bonus points you can distribute when reincarnating past 210 (220 with the 10 reincarnation bonus), each stat still caps at 255 though.

-The cap on growth correction when reincarnating from 400% to 10000%

-The cap on stats from 99,999,999 to 999,999,999

-The cap on HP from 100,000,000,000 to 400,000,000,000

-The cap on item level from 300 to 999

-The cap on kill bonus on items from 15% to 15% + 985%. And the extra 985% is based more on the stats of what you kill in the item not the number of kills.

You missed the most important part. Rasetsu removes the cap on sanity after maxing out 10 characters with full gear.