Would prefer story / mission based content

#1Rasko501Posted 11/29/2012 6:11:52 AM
This concept of "trials" reminds me of those crappy Assassin's Creed virtual time trials from AC Brotherhood (?). Really disappointing to me that they didn't create more story based missions. Especially considering the game is relatively short to begin with.
---
GT - AcquittedArtist
#2amivaPosted 11/29/2012 4:39:11 PM
Big disappointment indeed. Going from a game where you could take your time and approach situations as you like to time trials and gimmicky waves of enemies in arenas? What are they thinking? At least it's only $5, but the "arena based challenge" thing is nothing to get excited over.

I guess having a new area and story mission was a little too ambitious for them.
#3Kard8p3Posted 12/3/2012 11:09:56 AM
You guys do realize there WILL be more story based content, right?
---
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/Kard8p3/kard8p3tif.png http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2576/3883680446_73c07afb70.jpg
#4HeyPeterManPosted 12/7/2012 10:14:22 AM
no they probably dont. see around here its easier to complain than gather info.
---
"Were here for a good time, not a long time." Colin McRae
#5amivaPosted 12/7/2012 3:22:17 PM
Yes, I'm complaining about the content of the Dunwall City Trials....which is the topic on this board.
When there is news and a topic on future content that may story driven I will comment my thoughts there.
#6Rasko501(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:08:48 PM
HeyPeterMan posted...
no they probably dont. see around here its easier to complain than gather info.

lol - the description is pretty clear. If I misread something please point it out to me.
---
GT - AcquittedArtist
#7gamecube101Posted 12/11/2012 6:29:25 AM
ITT consumers complain about optional additional content.
#8Baron_LambertoPosted 12/11/2012 9:03:42 AM
If your mother was being physically beaten by criminals and someone said "You DO know she'll be okay eventually, RIGHT?!?!?!?!" would you stop trying to save her?

Dishonored is one of m'favorite games of all time but I have no interest in these city trials, so it is my right as well as the right of others to complain about it regardless of what is planned. And I believe the dissatisfied people have all the justification they need to do so.
---
Baron Lamberto has the greatest umbrella collection in the world.
Gamertag: Baron Lamberto
#9gamecube101Posted 12/11/2012 3:23:49 PM
I think a better analogy is if someone baked you a delicious cake and then afterwards offered you a breath mint. You say you wanted a cupcake and then proceed to rail against the baker, complaining about his services. If you had stopped to listen to him explain though, you would have heard that 2 cupcakes will be ready soon if you're just patient. For now, why not enjoy the mint?
#10Rasko501(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 2:47:21 PM
I don't like mints; but regardless, this "city trials" content sounds decidedly arcade-like, which is precisely why I'm disappointed. The game was best experienced at a slow, methodical pace - a thinking man's game. Instead of a mint after a delicious cupcake, we're being offered a sugar stick.
---
GT - AcquittedArtist