So it is still possible *minor spoilers*

#1krw703Posted 2/21/2013 11:05:01 AM
http://mo1943.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-74.html

In case you're unaware, this is a picture of a Level 1 Hero with 0 EXP and that has mastered the Summoner class meaning that EXPless job levelling (for low level game purposes) is still entirely possible in the 3DS version of the game.

In fact it's done the exact same way as before:

1. Whistle to summon a random battle.
2. Sacrifice to kill at least one enemy.
3. Zing/AngelSong to revive the character that died in step 2.
4. KnockDown to eject the rest of the enemies from the battle.
---
PSN: krw703; TwitchTV: krw703
Now Playing: Dragon Quest 7 (3DS)
#2WeretigerReiPosted 2/22/2013 5:09:09 AM
Gonna have to call BS on this. Cant change classes til Dharma and since you have to fight bosses that give exp its literally impossible to be level 1 getting there.

That being said Im pretty sure Expel abuse is still possible
#3j mcdermidPosted 2/22/2013 7:55:36 AM
Quinnotetiquan posted...
Gonna have to call BS on this. Cant change classes til Dharma and since you have to fight bosses that give exp its literally impossible to be level 1 getting there.

Unless you kill Hero off so he doesn't gain experience from the boss battles.
#4WeretigerReiPosted 2/22/2013 8:31:07 PM
True. Didnt think of that. Would still be tough though. What was the point of this guy having a level 1 Hero anyway?
#5ErugiosPosted 2/23/2013 2:53:15 AM
The challenge of it?
---
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black
#6krw703(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:56:02 AM
- Because they're doing a low level game
- Because they like the challenge
- Because they can
Take your pick, there's probably many more obvious reasons you can think of but I really don't see why they'd even ask a question like that.

The point of this topic is to prove without a doubt that EXPless class grinding still exists. I mean really... what better example is there than a 0 EXP Hero that has mastered a class that requires 1000+ battles to master?
---
PSN: krw703; TwitchTV: krw703
Now Playing: Dragon Quest 7 (3DS)
#7WeretigerReiPosted 2/23/2013 8:18:11 PM
True but if you arent doing a LLG theres really no need to keep your levels too low since Expel abuse is still possible.
#8CuteBeansPosted 2/26/2013 5:31:32 AM
It's more or less, they don't have lives LOL.
---
Beans are good for you.
#9VeghEstherPosted 2/26/2013 10:08:53 PM
Sure Expel is abuseable BUT when I played the PS1 version I could have a job class at 1 more battle before leveling up use Expel on every monster in the current fight and have that battle not count for job class mastery at all.

Hence the only way for a battle to count for job class mastery AND NOT get exp is to learn Sacrifice to kill at least 1 monster while using Expel on the others.

But Godhand is really the first job that learns Sacrifice in the first place so to learn it and keep the Hero at level 1 with zero exp Gabo and Maribel must be the ones to learn Sacrifice, Zing/Angels Song and Expel/Knockdown respectively.

But at the same time the bosses under Dharma temple will be practically impossible to kill with just Gabo and Maribel because their damage rate sucks (that and Inopp and Gonz ) just love to use Brutal hits killing even at full level 13 party in 1 hit with it so theirs no way I'd fight the required winnable battle against both with all 3 PCs at level 1.
#10WeretigerReiPosted 2/27/2013 3:10:57 AM
Its not that I dont see the point. Its just that it doesnt seem fun to me to constantly run into the brick walls that are the boss fights in this game at level 1.

As long as youve got a place to gain class progression without getting overleveled or overpowered you should be ok with getting only 20exp per fight.