So it is still possible *minor spoilers*

#21VeghEstherPosted 3/3/2013 12:03:00 PM
Not only does SE need to fix this glitch when and IF the game gets localized (by Nintendo) hopefully this negative battles gitch won't exist.

But yes I never had the glitch trigger on the PS1 version of DQ7 or any of the DS remakes though the only DS localized DQ game with job levels is part 6.
#22W_RPosted 3/3/2013 3:39:07 PM
It's not going to get fixed unless you tell them about it.
#23krw703(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 4:58:51 AM
JL Lee posted...
Think you triggered something somehow to pull into negative numbers. Never seen that happen, ever...

It appears to happen if you switch to certain jobs first or if more than one character is alive after using Sacrifice and letting the rest of the enemies escape or ejecting them from battle.

That's really the only thing that can explain why Gabo couldn't gain job levels either... I was just fighting battles normally as him.

W_R posted...
It's not going to get fixed unless you tell them about it.

My Japanese isn't good enough to inform SE of Japan of these glitches. So all I can really do is post how to avoid them if you happen to come across the same glitch.
---
PSN/twitchtv: krw703; Now Playing: Dragon Quest 7 (3DS)
Dharma lv1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/krw703/dq7_dharmalv1_zps7ec2104e.png
#24QuinnotetiquanPosted 3/4/2013 6:33:59 AM
Maybe this has to do with your low levels? Perhaps it has something to do with something youve done to buff yourself up for Dharma? All the other playthroughs ive seen on youtube dont seem to have a problem
#25VeghEstherPosted 3/4/2013 8:28:58 AM
That I'm not sure see 1 time when job class grinding on the PS1 version I had the same negative levels glitch trigger with level 30 PC's (and job grinding) at a area on disc 1 that has no job level limit at all.
#26krw703(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:41:24 AM
Quinnotetiquan posted...
Maybe this has to do with your low levels? Perhaps it has something to do with something youve done to buff yourself up for Dharma? All the other playthroughs ive seen on youtube dont seem to have a problem

I know most of the issues were coming up because of how the game handles class levelling during a battle with zero EXP.

Anyway, I've pretty much got class grinding like this down but it is very, very time consuming, fairly buggy and really not cast worthy material so I think I'll drop the low level game for this run. I'd much rather finish casting the game and do a true low level game (without grinding Gabo to level 10 before the battle arena) as another playthrough.

Time to go mow down some Slimes in the Slime forest tonight then start casting again tomorrow.
---
PSN/twitchtv: krw703; Now Playing: Dragon Quest 7 (3DS)
Dharma lv1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/krw703/dq7_dharmalv1_zps7ec2104e.png
#27VeghEstherPosted 3/6/2013 10:06:36 AM
As for a True LLG good luck with that I barely beat Inopp and Gonz on the PS1 version at level 13 so theirs no way I'd fight both will all 3 PC's still at level 1 and some the arena battles can be hard if not impossible to win if the Gabo/Maribel aren't at level 10.