Have you guys played all the DQ games?

#11nfrazee28Posted 3/1/2013 10:51:30 AM
U.S. official releases in all: there have been 20, unless I'm missing something more subtle, and that's counting the DSi Ware one, but counting Cobi and Tara as just one.

NES: 1, 2, 3, 4
GBC: Monsters, 1 & 2, 3, Monsters 2 (Cobi and Tara versions)
PS1: Torneko: the Last Hope, 7
PS2: 8
DS: Heroes: Rocket Slime, Monsters: Joker, 4, 5, 9, 6, Monsters: Joker 2
Wii: Swords
DSi Ware: Whatever that one was that I've never downloaded or played.

Have I forgotten anything?
---
Thank you, Frazee, but our taco is in another castle.
#12VeghEstherPosted 3/1/2013 3:16:51 PM
No for me just DW 7, PS1, all 3 DS ones (4 to 6) and for DQ 1 to 3 just the Game boy versions (though for DQ3) I never could beat the Divine Dragon Boss even with 4x Sages at level 60 post final boss dead in DQ3.
#13FoofyheadPosted 3/1/2013 3:56:25 PM
That's because you're really bad at video games, Veggie.
---
We're done here.
----Raiden
#14Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/2/2013 2:27:21 PM(edited)
VII is the only one of the main Dragon Quest games I've yet to play through, not counting X. Very much looking forward for that to change with this games overseas release.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#15TiaelPosted 3/2/2013 3:56:55 PM
All of them aside from ones not released here, DQX, DQM: TW3D (but original DQM yes), DQM: Caravan Hearts, Battle Road/Victory, Slime MoriMori 3, etc.
---
Hoping for: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest VII 3DS localization.
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#16Cheesepower5Posted 3/3/2013 12:38:39 PM
yab posted...
the main series (except for X) yeah. Haven't kept up with the Monsters series or spin-offs much

This. Of the spin-offs, I played:
Torneko's Mystery Dungeon
Monsters
Monster's 2 (Cobi)
Caravan Hearts
Joker
Rocket Slime
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
#17VeghEstherPosted 3/5/2013 8:50:47 AM
Well in the case of DQ 3 its because I had the divine dragons best spells easily do 150+ damage and that one lacks a AOE healing spell that restores party HP to 100%.

That and every time you job class change you go back to level 1 and lose HALF of your base stats.

For this one and DQ6 I mastered every human job ASAP by all human PC's (not for Terry in DQ6 DS version) because he joins so late in game its pointless for him to unlock the hero job.

But the only reason I mastered every job ASAP in DQ6/this one is to make PC's even more broken then they should be.
#18FularisPosted 3/5/2013 10:44:08 AM
I have beat Dragon Quest/Warrior on NES, DQIV and DQV on DS, and DQVIII.

I have not had the opportunity to play Dragon Quest/Warrior II and III on any system. A friend gave me the GB cartridges, but I have yet to buy a old GBA SP or GB Color to play them on. Just not a high priority to do IMO. I hope one day they release on the Nintendo E-shop or I may ROM them since it feels legit as I own a copy of each at this point anyway.

I am at the very end of the story of DQVIds, but I haven't finished yet. Slowly over time when I get the mood I level up jobs of the characters towards everyone having the hero class.

I have owned a copy of Dragon Quest/Warrior VII since it released way back in the day when I was in high school, but I was to young then to appreciate the game compared to the PS2 games that work coming out at the time. I have finally taken the time to start again and beat the game after almost 12 years. Been playing for a bout a week and I am almost to Engow.

I have completed the story for DQIX and I am play here and there as I get the mood to delve deeper into Grottoes and do Legacy Bosses.

I have really become a big fan of the series in the last five years. Its my form of zen relaxation after work/college.
---
If rat tails and mini medals are what you consider epic loot then lets talk.
#19nfrazee28Posted 3/5/2013 3:48:53 PM
VeghEsther posted...
and that one lacks a AOE healing spell that restores party HP to 100%.

...except for hero's healusall. Please at least be factually correct if you're going to continue to bludgeon us with your nonsense.

It's not only possible, it's easy to get Divinegon to a 15 turn defeat if you like to overlevel and break characters. It's also as easy to seed farm in that game as it is in any of them to make the stat loss not a big deal. Two high level sages casting Blazemost, one fighter attacking with the best possible claw, hero using thordain except when healusall is needed, and you should be between 12 and 15 turns for the win most of the time.
---
Frazee points Frazee's whistle skyward and sounds a 1982 Honda Accord-summoning blast.