Did this game...

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/2/2013 10:29:52 PM
remake the ugly CGI cutscenes of the original or did they just remove them and make the game all in-game now?

Hope it's the former.

Thanks!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2unwashed_massesPosted 3/3/2013 12:59:21 AM(edited)
What? You're telling me you didn't like the cutscene where trollface versions of the deja tribe dance and play music?

Joking aside, the opening cutscene is definitely not there and it's totally different. Kouli's vid's on youtube show that. It would be funny if they left in those cutscenes but upgraded everything else. I still laugh every time I watch the cutscene I mentioned. My God, Enix. why even try making CGI when they look that bad. I mean it was shockingly ugly.

Arc the Lad 1 and 2 still take the cake, though, but that was made very early in the PSX lifespan so it's understandable.
#3WeekendRisktakePosted 3/3/2013 6:12:19 AM
All of the cut-scenes seemed to be done with the in-game engine this time around. I certainly didn't see anything to the contrary.
#4VicomteDeChaneyPosted 3/4/2013 5:11:35 AM
This reminds me of the cutscenes from Torneko: The Last Hope on PS1. Now *THOSE* were bad. LOL. It looked like claymation.

There was a rumor that one of the reasons why Enix absorbed Square actually was because of the CGI Square has. The jump from DQ7 to DQ8 is indicative of that.
---
The power of the 27 true runes won't save you any money on your car insurance.
#5WeretigerReiPosted 3/4/2013 5:29:08 AM
Beyond the Beyond secret cutscene anyone?
#6JL LeePosted 3/4/2013 6:27:30 AM
VicomteDeChaney posted...
There was a rumor that one of the reasons why Enix absorbed Square actually was because of the CGI Square has. The jump from DQ7 to DQ8 is indicative of that.

Except almost all the DQ games were outsourced. Chunsoft was the one most involved in the SFC games, while Level 5 handled DQ8
---
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VII (3DS), EX Troopers (PS3)
#7WeretigerReiPosted 3/6/2013 5:21:52 AM
artepiazza was going 5 and 6 too
#8JyaganPosted 3/8/2013 11:11:21 AM
Except almost all the DQ games were outsourced.

Well, prior to buying Squaresoft, Enix didn't have any in house production: it was a publisher, not a developer.

Every Dragon Quest game is made by Armor Project(Yuiji's Horii's company), in collaboration with some developer or other. Armor Project has an exclusive publishing contract with Enix since the NES days, but don't really make the games in any significant sense.
---
Nothing you do will have effect if you do not use truth.
#9T_KnightcrawlerPosted 3/22/2013 8:04:30 AM
No Vic, Square wasn't involved much in DQ8's development.
---
::{//=|ROYAL DEFENDER OF NABOO|=\\}::