No U.S. Release Date?

#1esoteric42Posted 4/17/2013 8:37:36 AM
I'm glad I have the Japanese version.
---
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#2Tenchi UKPosted 4/17/2013 3:10:22 PM
seems unlikely unless nintendo pick it up later.

then again similar things happened with DQVI ds, i dont remember how long it was between that coming out in japan and getting official news on it coming out in english.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#3VeghEstherPosted 4/17/2013 4:22:26 PM
DQ 4 to 6 took 1 year to release AFTER its Japanese DS release so odds are this one will be the same and odds are Nintendo not Square Enix will be the one to release it.
#4ignasia7Posted 4/17/2013 6:38:41 PM
Same deal with DQ9, where people thought it wouldn't come out....surely it would not since it was over a month and no word. Then it was two months, and people panicked, saying SE would never release it. Then three came and went, seeing utter devastation on many Dragon Quest forums, people ripping one another's posts limb from limb. Then the light whispers of hope by month four, that surely SE could not have forgotten us, and many ancient scholars of DQ lore lent their wisdom and guiding light of hope, stating "remember the NES, SNES, and PSX years...remember the...". By month five those who had been won over by the hope renewed were barren, their lives ripped apart by anguish, as surely those great sages had it wrong. This was not the SE of old, this was the NEW SE, superior to the Enix of old, as now Square's board ran the whole company, and they would not have let this go on so long, but since they had it must be we, the unwashed masses were no longer worthy to quest.

And so it was that the sixth month to pass, and word came out anew that SE had not forgotten DQ9 fans, but there were no plans to release, and no official date. No, it was just a rumour, and with each passing day those crestfallen Warriors delved deep into the underground, hoping to experience the game with talk of a possible underground translation. Yes, they plunged into the depths of chaos and blackness so vile, so evil, it drove them mad. They were willing to accept a fan translation instead of the real deal (note I have no issues with fan translations, but it allows for some fun toying with the hero cycle).

By month seven there were whispers of a nameless fear, that SE had forever shunned the DQ crowd outside it's borders. The emerald gates would be shut forever, and the witches of "all your base" would rule them forevermore. Shunned and outcast, devoured to the heart by black thoughts, they became corrupted visages of their former glory. Weeping, wailing, and uttering words so foul they cannot be spoken again or a curse be laid on the hearts of all who read them...

Then the eighth month landed. The foul, puss filled, visceral, starved, and black hearted crowds that once praised SE for their precious DQ for the 8th time had all but forgotten such a game existed, instead lurking in the shadows purring to their old stash, believing their lives would forever be stuck in the dark depths. Here the wise and venerable sages came again in the hopes they can revitalize the Warriors spirits, bring these fools from their despair and into the light of veneration. That indeed, yes, indeed the game would be localized. Yet their words were met with contempt this time, and wordplay beyond the most difficult to solve riddles would be exchanged between the two groups. Those watching from the shadows waited patiently for the victor, but none would be had, for both were too exhausted, their tongues tied from speech gone on too long. Hoarse, tired, but not giving up, the Sages sat patiently until their wisdom would be shown as truth...

It would not be for another three months that word would be given, yes, the world would quest again. No longer would those once proud Questers be wallowing in their own filth. The Dragon could be awoken in each once more, as the lordly white robbed Nintendo would take up the cause. Hope sprang anew, and much joy and jubilation was to be had across the Dragon Quest boards!
---
Looking forward to: Pandora's Tower (Spring), Dragon Quest VII (?), PSO2 (Winter/Spring)
#5ignasia7Posted 4/17/2013 6:40:13 PM
Seriously dude, NES years, we had 1-3 year gaps. SNES years were skipped due to poorly mismanaged funds. PSX saw another near 2 year gap, and a letdone. The GBC games were also late in coming. DQ8 was the only DQ to see any word at relatively early point of nearly 6 months. Then there were the DS releases, of which 7, 8, and 11 months went by before any official word for the remakes, and DQ9 took just over a year, with Joker 1 and 2 taking over a year for both. I'm not even covering the other spinoffs...

It'll come. There are just a LOT of factors involved in why we haven't heard anything yet, but there's no reason not to release given cost to profit ratios, and the lack of RPG's on the 3DS compared to the DS at the same point in their respective histories.
---
Looking forward to: Pandora's Tower (Spring), Dragon Quest VII (?), PSO2 (Winter/Spring)
#6legisu86Posted 4/20/2013 8:17:37 AM
ignasia7 posted...
Same deal with DQ9, where people thought it wouldn't come out....surely it would not since it was over a month and no word. Then it was two months, and people panicked, saying SE would never release it. Then three came and went, seeing utter devastation on many Dragon Quest forums, people ripping one another's posts limb from limb. Then the light whispers of hope by month four, that surely SE could not have forgotten us, and many ancient scholars of DQ lore lent their wisdom and guiding light of hope, stating "remember the NES, SNES, and PSX years...remember the...". By month five those who had been won over by the hope renewed were barren, their lives ripped apart by anguish, as surely those great sages had it wrong. This was not the SE of old, this was the NEW SE, superior to the Enix of old, as now Square's board ran the whole company, and they would not have let this go on so long, but since they had it must be we, the unwashed masses were no longer worthy to quest.

And so it was that the sixth month to pass, and word came out anew that SE had not forgotten DQ9 fans, but there were no plans to release, and no official date. No, it was just a rumour, and with each passing day those crestfallen Warriors delved deep into the underground, hoping to experience the game with talk of a possible underground translation. Yes, they plunged into the depths of chaos and blackness so vile, so evil, it drove them mad. They were willing to accept a fan translation instead of the real deal (note I have no issues with fan translations, but it allows for some fun toying with the hero cycle).

By month seven there were whispers of a nameless fear, that SE had forever shunned the DQ crowd outside it's borders. The emerald gates would be shut forever, and the witches of "all your base" would rule them forevermore. Shunned and outcast, devoured to the heart by black thoughts, they became corrupted visages of their former glory. Weeping, wailing, and uttering words so foul they cannot be spoken again or a curse be laid on the hearts of all who read them...

Then the eighth month landed. The foul, puss filled, visceral, starved, and black hearted crowds that once praised SE for their precious DQ for the 8th time had all but forgotten such a game existed, instead lurking in the shadows purring to their old stash, believing their lives would forever be stuck in the dark depths. Here the wise and venerable sages came again in the hopes they can revitalize the Warriors spirits, bring these fools from their despair and into the light of veneration. That indeed, yes, indeed the game would be localized. Yet their words were met with contempt this time, and wordplay beyond the most difficult to solve riddles would be exchanged between the two groups. Those watching from the shadows waited patiently for the victor, but none would be had, for both were too exhausted, their tongues tied from speech gone on too long. Hoarse, tired, but not giving up, the Sages sat patiently until their wisdom would be shown as truth...

It would not be for another three months that word would be given, yes, the world would quest again. No longer would those once proud Questers be wallowing in their own filth. The Dragon could be awoken in each once more, as the lordly white robbed Nintendo would take up the cause. Hope sprang anew, and much joy and jubilation was to be had across the Dragon Quest boards!

I've read all that with Patrick Stwart's voice in my mind
---
My three major game trauma: Shenmue, Xenogears and Xenosaga
I'm a badass reporter!!
#7Urim_NorgythPosted 4/22/2013 7:13:16 PM
SNES years were skipped due to poorly mismanaged funds.

Poorly mismanaged would mean they were managed well.

Learn how to communicate in this language, please.
#8ignasia7Posted 4/22/2013 8:57:27 PM(edited)
Urim_Norgyth posted...
SNES years were skipped due to poorly mismanaged funds.

Poorly mismanaged would mean they were managed well.

Learn how to communicate in this language, please.

Oh. My. God. No, say it isn't so. Someone on a message forum makes a few mistakes while writing a post.

What a sad pathetic waste of time taking one line out that is obviously wrong, correct it, then proceed to insult in general terms over a single example. Shall we take a trip in search of the improper usage of words and grammar in your own posts?

I won't bother. Not because it wouldn't be fun. It would. Not because you might retort with a snarky, "there are no such flaws in my writing." No, I won't because for one, you're just too pathetic it's almost laughable and therefor not worth the time. For two, while you were correct in pointing out my error, your analysis of the error is wrong; a double negative does not a positive make, though it is a common rookie mistake in High School grammar. Finally, for three, your final sentence uses improper words as both 'communicate' and ' language' are far too general. While English is implied as the language you are referring to, it is not established as the language you are referring to. While communicate can work, this is a forum where the only form of communication is through the written word. So the more correct response, and indeed this is a technicality, would be:

"Learn how to write proper English, please."

Or you could use:

"Learn the proper usage of words and English grammar, please."

I certainly hope that helped, but I suggest going out to get some. It's unhealthy to live your life as a giant eyesore in your mother's basement, attempting to emulate Eric Cartman.
---
#9nfrazee28Posted 4/22/2013 11:18:40 PM
I gotta tell ya, Ignasia, watching it whenever you decide to feed the trolls is always a well-spent entertainment dollar.
---
Frazee licks his weapon and laughs.
#10MachachanPosted 4/23/2013 2:03:39 AM
This game is actually a surprisingly good way to practice japanese. Dat furigana...