Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends/Empires?

#1foxhound1013Posted 4/4/2013 4:44:55 PM
with this generation wrapping up.

do you think they'll put those two version on PS3 as well or move to next gen?

then again it would not make sense, since you need the vanilla disc in order to unlock the bonuses.

i bet this will be released in 2014 along with the last year's announcement of Samurai Warriors 4 for it's 10th anniversary.

speaking of Samurai Warriors 4, i hope they use Dynasty Warriors 8 new engine!!!

i love their new engine, definitely better than 7.

i also hopping Warriors Orochi 4/Orochi Musou 3 would use the new engine as well as
added Dynasty Warriors 8 and Samurai Warriors 4 characters(probably next gen).

i was hoping for Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 3, it would be developed by Platinum games, and will be able to customize moves just like God Hand.

forgot to mention Sengoku Basara 4 has been announced for 2014 for PS3.

so more Musou style games FTW!!!!!!!!!!
#2foxhound1013(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:45:37 PM
i also hope for retail release and dual audio to stay here.
#3Panda_KunPosted 4/4/2013 5:57:28 PM
Huh? I heard from Siliconera they used the same engine for DW8 as DW7. But whatever. I agree about Samurai 4.
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#4Godly_KongmingPosted 4/4/2013 9:30:47 PM
Link to the Basara 4 announcement?
---
the work of the underling, to become the assassins' assassin.
#5Goul111Posted 4/4/2013 10:34:14 PM
Go search the internet.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#6veryhappymanPosted 4/4/2013 11:57:38 PM
yeah but chances are capcom will keep it in japan.
---
psn momkiller1
#7LittleYamiPosted 4/5/2013 12:59:24 AM
Speaking of which, I think the XL and Empires editions should be released in the forms of DLCs alongside as retail discs, similiar to what Capcom is doing with Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. If you have DW8, all you have to do is pay something like 49.99 to download the XL expansion. Or if you didn't by DW8, you can buy DW8: XL as a seperate retail disc, that includes all the content from DW8 + XL's added content. Empires would be pretty much the same thing. If you bought DW8 and downloaded the XL expansion, you can download the Empires expansion and so forth.

XL expansion would include content such as
-Additional characters
-At least 3 new historical/what-if stages in story mode
-Conquest/Musou (whatever it's called) mode

Empires
-Additional characters
-At least 1 new historical/what-of stages in story mode
-CAW
-Empire mode
#8IxbranPosted 4/5/2013 1:05:45 AM
yea, i think that for DW8XL and DW8E, they should just make them downloadable expansions that are basically major add ons to the main game. with DW8 being made available for download in japan, when 8XL comes around they will need to do a digital formatted version to merge with DW8 anyway. and chances are if you own the disk version of the game, that would work with it as well.

they could do the same thing with empires and then your set.l
#9LittleYamiPosted 4/5/2013 2:48:49 AM
For the additional 3-4 historical/what-of stages, I forgot to add for each empire.
#10VegantoKeensPosted 4/5/2013 7:38:04 AM
XL should just be dropped and become a large DLC expansion pack instead. Empires should become a gold edition that adds all released DLC content into the vanilla game and opens up Empires mode. This way we can have everything updated at the end, instead of missing Xu Shu and having Gan Ning, Zhu Rong etc. being clones in the DW7 main game and having new movesets in Empires.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake