Multiplayer mode?

#1DarkzorePosted 6/24/2013 4:29:43 PM
is there any multiplayer mode co op or pvp ? If not when was the last in the series game they had versus mode and why did they take it out?
---
WOOOH .
#2xKazeruxPosted 6/24/2013 5:09:42 PM(edited)
The entire game is co-op, offline and online.

As for Versus mode, I /think/ DW4 was the last game that did it in the main series. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on the Wii U has Versus though, that'd be their only recent game to do it if memory serves right.

EDIT: The rerelease Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is getting the Versus mode as well and that will be on PS3. But as for Versus in a DW game, I don't think you'll find that in the current-gen ones unless I'm missing something.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png
#3Darkzore(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:14:02 PM
haha thanks , one more thing im not sure if people will get mad if i ask this but dw8 or warriors orochi 3 ultimate?
---
WOOOH .
#4xKazeruxPosted 6/24/2013 5:25:26 PM
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate has a much larger character roster (all the characters from Samurai Warriors plus some original ones) to up the cast to over 100 (I think 130ish?), and the Ultimate version is adding even more to the original game.

Characters in Orochi 3 are based on their DW7 counterparts though, which means you won't get all of the new weapons and movesets from DW8 (which made everybody unique, in DW7 a lot of people shared movesets with each other). The Samurai Warriors and new characters all play pretty unique for the most part, but are a little dated as they still have the same styles they had since the PS2 games. They're still really fun to play though. There's also no English dub for this game, if that's a big deal to you or not. I have no idea if Ultimate will include one but I doubt it.

DW8 has 77 characters, all of which have a completely unique weapon and style. It added a considerable amount of characters from the previous game (last game had 60 something). It also has.. I think over 80 different scenarios across 40+ stages, all of which have been completely remade for this game and all look really pretty from what I've seen. The story mode looks really cool, where you follow the path of each of the 4 kingdoms and their history. You also have a what-if path for each kingdom where you can see what happens if you save certain officers from their deaths and all, so all 4 kingdoms have 2 endings pretty much, a historical one and a what-if happier one.

It depends what you want more out of a game though. Warriors Orochi 3 had a pretty cool original story, but playing on a SDTV made it difficult for me since you gotta focus on reading text due to no English voices. The amount of characters is great, and the gameplay is amazing for the series. Someone else will have to let you know how DW8 plays as I don't have it yet, I just follow these boards closely and keep an eye on all the info that comes out and stuff.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png
#5jjbigpoppaPosted 6/24/2013 5:41:00 PM
There's also the chance that Ultimate won't be released overseas
---
When I'm mad, I can be the most evil, vindictive, psychotic, vengeful, demonic spawn, from hell. And when I'm happy.....I bake cookies and s***.
#6kirbytooPosted 6/25/2013 1:28:36 AM
jjbigpoppa posted...
There's also the chance that Ultimate won't be released overseas

I wouldn't count it as unlikely, though. The only version of WO3 that didn't come here was the PSP (Special) version, but that was for obvious reasons (PSP's market being dead here). I wouldn't count it out yet, but yeah, like you said, there's a chance.
---
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?
GT=SpeakingWall, PSN = RogerCraigSmith
#7Goul111Posted 6/25/2013 7:15:33 AM
xKazerux posted...
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate has a much larger character roster (all the characters from Samurai Warriors plus some original ones) to up the cast to over 100 (I think 130ish?), and the Ultimate version is adding even more to the original game.

Characters in Orochi 3 are based on their DW7 counterparts though, which means you won't get all of the new weapons and movesets from DW8 (which made everybody unique, in DW7 a lot of people shared movesets with each other). The Samurai Warriors and new characters all play pretty unique for the most part, but are a little dated as they still have the same styles they had since the PS2 games. They're still really fun to play though. There's also no English dub for this game, if that's a big deal to you or not. I have no idea if Ultimate will include one but I doubt it.

DW8 has 77 characters, all of which have a completely unique weapon and style. It added a considerable amount of characters from the previous game (last game had 60 something). It also has.. I think over 80 different scenarios across 40+ stages, all of which have been completely remade for this game and all look really pretty from what I've seen. The story mode looks really cool, where you follow the path of each of the 4 kingdoms and their history. You also have a what-if path for each kingdom where you can see what happens if you save certain officers from their deaths and all, so all 4 kingdoms have 2 endings pretty much, a historical one and a what-if happier one.

It depends what you want more out of a game though. Warriors Orochi 3 had a pretty cool original story, but playing on a SDTV made it difficult for me since you gotta focus on reading text due to no English voices. The amount of characters is great, and the gameplay is amazing for the series. Someone else will have to let you know how DW8 plays as I don't have it yet, I just follow these boards closely and keep an eye on all the info that comes out and stuff.

That and the story mode officers the choice of 2 to 4 characters to play as for each scenario, with different objectives and point of view for each.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.