Is KOEI ever gonna make a new samurai warriors game?

#21Goul111Posted 7/9/2013 3:07:52 AM(edited)
Rude Hero posted...
I agree the combat lacks the polish and flare of DW and for me, really isn't that satisfying, characters having 9 or 10 strings did nothing since the majority of extra strings were utterly useless, even if tried to use them during the quite frankly, limited situational circumstances.

Warriors Orochi 3 really showed the lack of impact Samurai Warrior characters have in combat when compared.

For starters they could to lose those annoying exploding poses at end of their musous.

The only Samurai Warriors characters I really liked using were Ginchiyo, and Mitsuhide. That should say something.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#22thewindninjaPosted 7/9/2013 3:41:53 AM
I'm a huge fan of the DW series. Been playing them since 3. I'm super excited to get dw8 but I gotta say....I'd much rather have a new sw game. Orochi was a decent time passer, no doubt. But samurai warriors is soooo much better. Either new samurai warriors or new sengoku basara for the US!
#23J2006Posted 7/9/2013 3:57:16 AM
Goul111 posted...
FinalFantazyv2 posted...
Samurai warriors games combat system is outdated. At least with dynasty warriors they keep trying new things. Despite all the flaws 6 had it was a pretty amazing how much they revamped the series. Dynasty warriors is their flagship series it obviously gets the most attention.

...SW innovates the musou style a little more than the DW games do.

I agree, the SW games always brought something new and innovative to Koei's Musou game formula, it's almost like they're testing grounds for new ideas, and some of those ideas made it into other Musou games like the DW series.

I'll break it down:
SW1 introduced skill points earned based on performance (completion time, XP/gold obtained, missions completed, and musou attack KOs), and skills to buy with these points, from passive abilities to easier stat increases when leveling to elemental attack triggers. It also introduced missions, and branching paths in Story Mode, and three-way battles, and castle stages, and longer and varied charge attack strings (SSSTTT for example), and an evasive roll move, and maybe a few other things I'm not thinking of right now. We've seen variations of some of these ideas make their way into DW6 and 7 (XP/skill points and buying skills).

SW2 introduced having up to three musou bars, and replaced getting skills with points earned with getting skills by buying them at a shop between stages or learning them occasionally when defeating officers. It also replaced castle stages with stages that integrated castles so that they weren't separate stages. And it introduced R1 skills and different attack types, for example characters that could have up to a C8 charge attack (SSSSSSST). We've seen multiple musou bars make their way into DW7 and the DW Gundam games, and equipping skills was kind of mimicked in DW7's weapon seal system (I'll admit that's a stretch).

SW3 introduced tactical objectives, which if completed gave tactical bonuses that had various effects for given stages, such as allied reinforcements showing up, or weakening or slowing down an enemy officer. It also introduced armor pieces that could be equipped with skills/powers. That's all I can think of for SW3, it was probably the least innovative SW game, and as far as I know these few ideas haven't yet been used in a DW game or other Musou game.
---
<zzzzzzz[]X::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
XBL: North St4r 7 PSN: FistofFury07
#24FinalFantazyv2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:23:56 AM
Goul111 posted...
Rude Hero posted...
I agree the combat lacks the polish and flare of DW and for me, really isn't that satisfying, characters having 9 or 10 strings did nothing since the majority of extra strings were utterly useless, even if tried to use them during the quite frankly, limited situational circumstances.

Warriors Orochi 3 really showed the lack of impact Samurai Warrior characters have in combat when compared.

For starters they could to lose those annoying exploding poses at end of their musous.

The only Samurai Warriors characters I really liked using were Ginchiyo, and Mitsuhide. That should say something.

Well here's where I disagree. Samurai warriors has tons of great characters. Here's my favorites to use:

Kiyomasa kato
Kanetaugu naoe
Meiji maeda
Kotaro fuma
Kunoichi
Mitsuhide akechi
Mitsunari ishida
Nagamasa azai
Nobunaga Ida
Toshiee maeda
Yukimura sanada

I love all these characters.

Dynasty warriors favorites:

Cao pi
Jiang Wei
Lu bu
Lu xun
Ma chao
Sun ce
Sima shi
Wei yan
Xiao qiao
Zhong Hui
Zhou yu
And my all time favorite warrior gan ning

Although I really love zhong Hui now such a cool looking character and flying swords are awesome.
#25DrunkenPiratePosted 7/9/2013 6:05:55 AM
My biggest beef with SW is that most of the characters have had the same movesets since SW1. I would like for them to completely revamp the series, by changing the movesets and attack patterns of the characters. Also they shouldn't make it such a clone of DW they should add more elements in it to make them stand a part.
---
I accidentally ended up in a gay romance with him. dh1723
http://babo-ryan.deviantart.com
#26I_AbibdePosted 7/9/2013 6:29:20 AM
If SW4 is going to happen in 2014, I look forward to seeing it.

I am going to join the chorus and recommend SWC on 3DS. Leaps and bounds ahead of SW3, if you ask me, and being able to control (up to) four characters on the same map is very refreshing.
---
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.
#27Goul111Posted 7/9/2013 6:30:12 AM
J2006 posted...
Goul111 posted...
FinalFantazyv2 posted...
Samurai warriors games combat system is outdated. At least with dynasty warriors they keep trying new things. Despite all the flaws 6 had it was a pretty amazing how much they revamped the series. Dynasty warriors is their flagship series it obviously gets the most attention.

I agree, the SW games always brought something new and innovative to Koei's Musou game formula, it's almost like they're testing grounds for new ideas, and some of those ideas made it into other Musou games like the DW series.

I'll break it down:
SW1 introduced skill points earned based on performance (completion time, XP/gold obtained, missions completed, and musou attack KOs), and skills to buy with these points, from passive abilities to easier stat increases when leveling to elemental attack triggers. It also introduced missions, and branching paths in Story Mode, and three-way battles, and castle stages, and longer and varied charge attack strings (SSSTTT for example), and an evasive roll move, and maybe a few other things I'm not thinking of right now. We've seen variations of some of these ideas make their way into DW6 and 7 (XP/skill points and buying skills).

SW2 introduced having up to three musou bars, and replaced getting skills with points earned with getting skills by buying them at a shop between stages or learning them occasionally when defeating officers. It also replaced castle stages with stages that integrated castles so that they weren't separate stages. And it introduced R1 skills and different attack types, for example characters that could have up to a C8 charge attack (SSSSSSST). We've seen multiple musou bars make their way into DW7 and the DW Gundam games, and equipping skills was kind of mimicked in DW7's weapon seal system (I'll admit that's a stretch).

SW3 introduced tactical objectives, which if completed gave tactical bonuses that had various effects for given stages, such as allied reinforcements showing up, or weakening or slowing down an enemy officer. It also introduced armor pieces that could be equipped with skills/powers. That's all I can think of for SW3, it was probably the least innovative SW game, and as far as I know these few ideas haven't yet been used in a DW game or other Musou game.

Really? Cause I had considered a skill point/AP system a while ago...Koei is really bad about keeping good ideas. They could have just expanded on that. I could see a skill point system in use for officer stats replacing the elements in WO3 and DW8 that increase damage attack damage output, but more so based on the officer's level rather than just getting them for special actions. All those elements that increase attack, defense, and musou damage can relegated to a skill system, leveling the actual elements for weapon tempering.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#28GoldPhalanxPosted 7/9/2013 7:38:15 AM
J2006 posted...
Goul111 posted...
FinalFantazyv2 posted...

I'll break it down:

Don't forget, SW3 also introduced the Rengi gauge, which also added the Shadow Dash and Ultimate Musou ;) And the Shadow Dash has been used in WO3 for Wonder types.
---
~Official Number One Fan of Lumina's Nose~
3DS FC: 1134-7785-2919 Name: Tyler
#29J2006Posted 7/10/2013 4:16:55 AM
GoldPhalanx posted...
Don't forget, SW3 also introduced the Rengi gauge, which also added the Shadow Dash and Ultimate Musou ;) And the Shadow Dash has been used in WO3 for Wonder types.

I knew I was forgetting something! I haven't played SW3 in a while. I love WO3 but I miss some features of Technique-type characters that were in WO1 & 2, like counterattacks and enhanced charge attacks, but I think they at least still have the feature that charge attacks are always critical hits against airborne enemies.
---
<zzzzzzz[]X::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
XBL: North St4r 7 PSN: FistofFury07
#30aaazeusPosted 7/10/2013 8:37:06 PM
FinalFantazyv2 posted...
Goul111 posted...
Rude Hero posted...

Well here's where I disagree. Samurai warriors has tons of great characters. Here's my favorites to use:

Kiyomasa kato
Kanetaugu naoe
Meiji maeda
Kotaro fuma
Kunoichi
Mitsuhide akechi
Mitsunari ishida
Nagamasa azai
Nobunaga Ida
Toshiee maeda
Yukimura sanada

I love all these characters.

Dynasty warriors favorites:

Cao pi
Jiang Wei
Lu bu
Lu xun
Ma chao
Sun ce
Sima shi
Wei yan
Xiao qiao
Zhong Hui
Zhou yu
And my all time favorite warrior gan ning

Although I really love zhong Hui now such a cool looking character and flying swords are awesome.

I agree, most of the Samurai characters are better than the Dynastys in WO3.
---
Hail to btmudd28, I will always remember thee.
GT- raisosite