Best weapon skills

#11VincenttriPosted 7/22/2013 3:54:38 PM
I always thought Thorns was useless until reading this thread. (Never really tested it out)

But if it seriously knocks back enemies during a combo (thus preventing you from getting juggled), than I seriously need to rethink my weapon combinations.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else can confirm it does this (Apparently Level 10), please let me know. Chaos just became a lot easier if true.
#12Gary500Posted 7/22/2013 4:24:54 PM
Hey OP, mind telling us how you made that weapon for Wang Yuanji? I have the blacksmith at lvl 50 but don't know how to put specific skills on the weapon...and where do you get a blank lvl 4?
#13xxxthetoadxxxPosted 7/22/2013 4:32:33 PM
Yeah, I tried to forge weapons and it made 2 totally different weapons.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 & Halo 4.
GT: xxxthetoadxxx
#14rchoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 5:17:32 PM(edited)
Gary500 posted...
Hey OP, mind telling us how you made that weapon for Wang Yuanji? I have the blacksmith at lvl 50 but don't know how to put specific skills on the weapon...and where do you get a blank lvl 4?

It takes luck and patience. You have to keep checking the blacksmith's weapons for sale until you find one that only has skills you need. The chances are higher if there are only two skills on it. I've never seen a blank level 4 appear. This is the hardest part.
You need to soft reset or do a battle and come back to camp for the blacksmiths inventory to refresh. I usually did my weapon hunting while working on bonds.

After you have your base weapon, then you can buy level 1 weapons in story mode to get the skills you're missing and then temper them to your base weapon.
#15RealAfterlifePosted 7/22/2013 11:27:15 PM
i built a weapon for Wang Yi that has Slash, Induction, Thunder, thorns, Aggression (musou charge version), and cyclone.

its not working out too terribly well. im hard pressed to kill things fast on just hard mode. any ideas why?

also Cyclone doesnt seem to do anything. its suppose to damage through blocks but it doesnt seem to work right.
---
GT: x Afterlife x
#16rchoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 11:53:27 PM
Wang Yi's rated middle of the pack in terms of her weapon effectiveness. Her best attacks are C5 and C6. Are all these skills level 10?
I've also read that having Induction and Thunder will end up cancelling Thunder on airborne enemies and reduce its proc rate otherwise, which might be why you're having difficulty.
#17RealAfterlifePosted 7/22/2013 11:56:10 PM
rchoe posted...
Wang Yi's rated middle of the pack in terms of her weapon effectiveness. Her best attacks are C5 and C6. Are all these skills level 10?
I've also read that having Induction and Thunder will end up cancelling Thunder on airborne enemies and reduce its proc rate otherwise, which might be why you're having difficulty.

yea they are all rank 10. i could try to make a new weapon.. any suggestions? i could dump thunder for explosives maybe.
---
#18alphakidzPosted 7/23/2013 12:10:08 AM
I wonder what Explosive element really does. I've never tested it in battle.
---
The name's Alpha
Loyal to Lastation's CPUs Lady Noire and Lady Uni.
#19ShinononoHoukiPosted 7/23/2013 12:11:04 AM
RealAfterlife posted...
i built a weapon for Wang Yi that has Slash, Induction, Thunder, thorns, Aggression (musou charge version), and cyclone.

its not working out too terribly well. im hard pressed to kill things fast on just hard mode. any ideas why?

also Cyclone doesnt seem to do anything. its suppose to damage through blocks but it doesnt seem to work right.

Well, I would remove Thunder and replace it with Awareness?(Guards attacks from behind) which is great for her since her weapon auto guards when attacking.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.
3DS FC:5069-3994-5272 PSN:NanbuKaguya
#20RealAfterlifePosted 7/23/2013 12:22:42 AM
Arcangel22 posted...
RealAfterlife posted...
induction, lighting, slash, flash, aggression, fury/resolve. wrecks chaos i have the same build on my 20 level 99s so far and goign to keep going with it.

I'm surprised to see a setup without the broken Cyclone attached to it. Well done for not succumbing to the dominant strategy as I do sometimes, sir.

it doesnt even seem to work anyways. i put it on a few weapons and it didnt do ANything
---