Wu - Battle of Nanjun stars. Second decoy strategy?

#1Another_DenshuuPosted 7/21/2013 3:00:12 PM
Trying to get the stars for completing the decoy strategy at battle of Nanjun. But no matter how fast I go through the level, the decoy strategy fails right at the end when you destroy the lookout tower for Lu Su and go through the next gate and Xhang He shows up. I'm guessing this is one of those missions where you have to do something special beforehand?
---
Like two men sunbathing together on a beach.
#2DjevelskPosted 7/21/2013 3:39:01 PM
This one is a pain and I failed it a few times. After you destroy the guard tower, keep on going on that path leading to Cao Chun, I believe his name is. There should be a bridge leading to the garrison he's in, wait for Lu Su and Lu Meng to pass under that bridge and slay the officer inside. Then Zhang He and Cao Ren should come after you and Lu Meng and Lu Su will ambush them and that should work. That's how I did it.

Hope that helps. :)
#3Chrebet808Posted 7/21/2013 3:59:51 PM
you have to sit around near the bridge and let them charge you, otherwise lu su gets spotted every time
---
I was programmed to kill your ass!
#4Brady672_AT_fanPosted 7/21/2013 4:03:06 PM
Yeah, I hated doing this chapter.

I did it with Zhou Yu.

The key is for the first decoy plan is to literally not move when you get to the crossroad. All of the enemies will come to you and you can kill them at your leisure. The second part is really confusing if you're or paying super attention. When you split up, if you pay attention to Lu Su, you'll see him jump into the trench, DO NOT FOLLOW HIM! Keep on the bridges and make your way north. You'll see an officer at a camp and after you beat him you'll get something about a guard tower, so keep going until you see a Base Captain in front of a tower and kick that tower down.

Now, keep heading south to the next camp and you'll start a conversation with Zhang He and whoever else is there (can't remember...) and they'll COME TO YOU! Seriously! DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE UNTIL THEY GET TO WHERE YOU ARE! Shortly after, Lu Su and co will show up and stomp the whole crew.

So basically, Zhou Yu's part is all about patience, and since I have none, this took me a couple tries :P

Even if it doesn't help you TC, I hope it'll help someone...
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#5RishnixPosted 7/23/2013 7:46:43 PM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...

I did it with Zhou Yu.

The key is for the first decoy plan is to literally not move when you get to the crossroad. All of the enemies will come to you and you can kill them at your leisure. The second part is really confusing if you're or paying super attention. When you split up, if you pay attention to Lu Su, you'll see him jump into the trench, DO NOT FOLLOW HIM! Keep on the bridges and make your way north. You'll see an officer at a camp and after you beat him you'll get something about a guard tower, so keep going until you see a Base Captain in front of a tower and kick that tower down.

Now, keep heading south to the next camp and you'll start a conversation with Zhang He and whoever else is there (can't remember...) and they'll COME TO YOU! Seriously! DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE UNTIL THEY GET TO WHERE YOU ARE! Shortly after, Lu Su and co will show up and stomp the whole crew.

So basically, Zhou Yu's part is all about patience, and since I have none, this took me a couple tries :P

It helped me.
---
*Holds up sign.*
Arrrrgh! Pandas can't talk!
#6dragoonmikePosted 7/27/2013 4:40:20 PM
no matter what do first decoy plan fails tried doing both way posted in this topic but killing the officers to save gan ning keeps having the plan fail.
#7ZexxCrinePosted 7/27/2013 4:47:08 PM
It's super easy with Lu su

Just follow the path outlined by the goal markers and kill everyone you meet.

When I went back to actually try to complete the star objective, I got it on my first try.
#8dragoonmikePosted 7/27/2013 5:12:15 PM
yeah thanks for the tip that did it was going crazy trying to figure it out thanks again.
#9Brady672_AT_fanPosted 7/27/2013 5:59:36 PM
Rishnix posted...

I did it with Zhou Yu.

It helped me.

Yay :)
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#10MilleniaRagePosted 7/28/2013 3:42:15 PM

I did it with Zhou Yu.

Man oh man, thank you.