does anyone know how to save dian wei?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 7/22/2013 2:06:50 PM
i searched, but there were only two topics and no one sounded 100% sure on how its done, from what i read...

some people thought you have to capture the three bases quickly and set up the ambush... which i did, and that doesnt matter anyway, since it happens AFTER he is injured.

one person suggested saving the other caos... but that doesnt sound like its the way to stop dian wei's injury either... is it, or not?

im still unsure about how to go about this... i have to be fast to save those idiots, but that one room throwing 20 dragon statues at me is kind of a pain in the ass to get through.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2xKazeruxPosted 7/22/2013 2:11:03 PM
You gotta save Cao Ang and Cao Anmin and then follow the plan at the end. Dian Wei will be saved, even though he's still shot with the arrows. It's weird.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png
#3Encha277Posted 7/22/2013 2:11:15 PM
You have to save both Cao's and successfully complete the ambush. Not sure if it is 100% required, but you should also make sure that you kill any generals and unit commanders that you come across.
#4Goku The King Of AllPosted 7/22/2013 2:14:04 PM
You have to safe both Cao's, done it once only managing to save one and it didn't work. Basically you have to have them both state they'll protect Dian Wei, for the sake of it I then completed the ambush since it's the quickest way to get the gate open.

Also try it on Easy or Normal because lord knows those lemmings die nigh instantaneously on hard and above the second your morale drops below half which given it's 4 first 20 will be happening almost at the start.
#5ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 2:22:42 PM(edited)
ok, i saved both of the caos... they didnt say anything about protecting dian wei yet, i just got shot with the arrows... i guess i'll make an interim save here just incase.

i hope this works.

Edit: nevermind, the second i went back to my game and unpaused, they both said they'll fight with me.

now i just gotta make the ambush work, again.
---
#6Mason_CainPosted 7/22/2013 2:23:24 PM
Save the two Cao's. That's all.

Btw, ride horse + swing axe = 10 sec to clear fire statues. Goes right over them :)
---
GT: Ancient Daemon / PSN: Ancient_Daemon
FC: 0645-6958-1722
#7KraidozHinakoPosted 7/22/2013 2:27:37 PM
In the statues room, I rode my horse through them in very little time. I had equestrian at roughly 10 so it 1-hit the statues, though I don't know if equestrian is actually needed.
---
PSN: Kraidoz
"This is the essence of my father and the blood of my mother, I cannot waste it!" (eats eyeball) - Xiahou Dun
#8ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 2:38:50 PM
KraidozHinako posted...
In the statues room, I rode my horse through them in very little time. I had equestrian at roughly 10 so it 1-hit the statues, though I don't know if equestrian is actually needed.

yeah, i actually did this by accident... that skill is not needed at all, cause i didnt have it equipped.

once i saw the horse can 1-hit the statues, that really helped me out.

anyway, looks like i succeeded, the cutscene ended early, and i got both of the stars i was missing.

thank god thats done with... now i have to somehow save guo jia... i wish i could edit this topic's title, because i'd rather not create another topic so soon. >_>
---
#9AZNrpgamerPosted 7/22/2013 3:07:30 PM(edited)
In case you didn't already figure it out and to save you the topic, to save Guo Jia you just have to follow his plans.

Capture the bases surrounding the main camp. Guo Jia will split up the team; you'll follow him in the east to ambush the head honcho (just typing this from memory so I can't tell you the names... sorry). Anyway once he's down his brother will be infuriated; take the brother out. Reinforcements should arrive a bit after his death and Guo Jia says that he'll take care of them. You need to kill the reinforcements and that should secure his escape.

EDIT: Well I feel dumb... just saw that other topic... oh well