Not impressed with Zuo Ci...

#111117ElementsPosted 7/25/2013 5:26:31 AM
Just ran his special level, level 30ish and he just felt like he did no damage, with attack boost,mighty roar, musou springs, and victory cry. Then again I only had his base cards weapon.

Am I missing something or is he less than thrilling this game?

Also he reminds me of the Green Sage from Jak and Daxter so much that I can't get it out of my head.
#2Nichtcrawler XPosted 7/25/2013 5:47:21 AM
Most of his moves fill his bars like crazy.
---
Official Teetotaller of PotD
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!
#3Axel_77Posted 7/25/2013 6:14:52 AM
It is quite honestly a problem with his base weapon...or it was for me. I just put a level 3 alternate weapon on him then ran the stage. Dragon Spear ftw. Though the majority of the stage I did use his cards, as breaking open the earth with mystic arts is always fun.
---
"We don't have time for your crazy made up language, speak English dammit." Spark_Flash
FC Black: 4555 9531 8081
#4hokieneerPosted 7/25/2013 6:21:16 AM
I've played with him some in ambition, with a tier 4 weapon. I'd say it was because of the base weapon you saw problems.

While his damage isn't as insane as it was in 5XL, or as strong as other people in 8, his combos fill the musou/rage bars about as fast as any other character I have tried so far. His standard musou sucks compared to 5XL though.
#5Goul111Posted 7/25/2013 6:22:59 AM
His Strong attack 4, the lightning one, it spreads it hits twice and the second hit will spread in arc that if you have the lightning conduction element, the one that makes lightning strike on every attack you hit with, it makes the the lighting arc in hit every enemy around him.

I think it's also really good with elements, I think all the hits it does makes it pretty effective.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#6LGCulganPosted 7/25/2013 6:30:30 AM
Same. He feels like he was nerfed a lot since his first appearance in the series. I enjoyed sailing through higher difficulties with him then. Now he seems to struggle a bit to maintain average imo.

Haven't tried him with an optimal weapon yet but so far he just isn't cutting it.
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
#7Lord_kasdeyaPosted 7/25/2013 6:50:59 AM
i loved using him in 5E and WO he was godly in those games but after that koei started to nerf him more and more it seems (haven't used him in 8 yet) would love to see him get his OPness from 5 back
---
Wii FC: 7714 7377 4469 9097 PSN&360 GT: Svarta Varg
MHT: Izual, BTBHJT, US Server
#8rchoePosted 7/25/2013 8:25:16 AM
He's definitely become middle of the pack. His weapon doesn't proc elements as frequently as the higher ranked characters.
#9xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 7/25/2013 8:30:28 AM
Your issue was definitely with the base weapon.

But as mentioned earlier, that Rage Gauge is gonna be filling up QUICK with Zuo Ci. Get used to seeing his Rampage a lot.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#10hokieneerPosted 7/25/2013 9:27:51 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Your issue was definitely with the base weapon.

But as mentioned earlier, that Rage Gauge is gonna be filling up QUICK with Zuo Ci. Get used to seeing his Rampage a lot.

Which means he's very easy to level up fast.

I did a 3 battle campaign in ambition on normal and went from 1 to 13. Came back to camp and did an 8 battle campaign on hard and hit 21 With my bonus experience from the campaign hit level 31. I was also using a Growth bodyguard.