Ambition Mode Guidance?

#1bmlee96Posted 8/7/2013 10:40:15 PM
So I just started Ambition mode and I can alread tell it's gonna be a major grind. I've already finished a couple battles and acquired about a hundred allies and raised some fame. The Weaponsmith, Teahouse, and Barracks are raised to Lvl. 3 (as of now). Is this a good start so far..? Apparently the construction of the Tongquetai is 21% completed?

I have some questions as to what I should do from here:

1. I recently hit a "limit" for how many allies I can have. I hear that I need to have more fame to acquire more allies. Should I just keep playing "fame battles"?

2. Upon being able to acquire more allies and gaining game, what is it exactly that I need in order for the "Academy" to be unlocked? I'd like to be able to distribute my gold for EXP to my characters.

3. I'm currently at my 999999 gold limit. What can I do with it now besides purchase weapons? I can't acquire anymore gold during gameplay.

Anything else I'm missing here? What can I do (or not do) to keep me on the right path? I feel kind of lost at this point since my ally limit popped up.
#2tehdudPosted 8/7/2013 11:08:20 PM(edited)
you want to grind fame until it hits cap. then ally till cao. then fame. then ally.

dont worry about gold. that is really easy to come by.

your decision will be if you want to go for 100 battles. and if you wanna do it normal. or build a super weapon and just get it done with.

academy was also the last building I unlocked. took a lot of allies and fame
---
http://i.imgur.com/RklFGJ3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K0DXenK.jpg
#3_2650920Posted 8/7/2013 11:25:36 PM
bmlee96 posted...
I have some questions as to what I should do from here:

1. I recently hit a "limit" for how many allies I can have. I hear that I need to have more fame to acquire more allies. Should I just keep playing "fame battles"?

2. Upon being able to acquire more allies and gaining game, what is it exactly that I need in order for the "Academy" to be unlocked? I'd like to be able to distribute my gold for EXP to my characters.

3. I'm currently at my 999999 gold limit. What can I do with it now besides purchase weapons? I can't acquire anymore gold during gameplay.

Anything else I'm missing here? What can I do (or not do) to keep me on the right path? I feel kind of lost at this point since my ally limit popped up.

1 - Yes, you wanna max out your Fame as much as you can until you can start gaining Allies again. An easy way of balancing your Allies and Fame is doing 2 battles but don't do the Duels unless you have a fair amount of room for more allies (trust me, it makes unlocking everything all at once later on MUCH easier.)

2- To get the academy, you need to have 700 allies. It's one of the last facilities to be unlocked so it'll be awhile.

3 - If you're at your gold limit and have nothing to spend it on just yet, a good thing to do is purchase fairly decent 4 star weapons which you can do without the Ambition Mode Blacksmith being at a high level. What you do is select a stage in Story Mode that's near the end (one of the later stages) that has a camping ground before it. In the stage select, select 'Play All' and set the difficulty to Chaos. Go to the Blacksmith and they'll have pretty good 4 star weapons for everyone. Then make sure you save after you're done, then quit. (you don't actually have to play through the stage on Chaos to keep them.)
#4kingwutuguPosted 8/7/2013 11:36:48 PM
_2650920 posted...
3 - If you're at your gold limit and have nothing to spend it on just yet, a good thing to do is purchase fairly decent 4 star weapons which you can do without the Ambition Mode Blacksmith being at a high level. What you do is select a stage in Story Mode that's near the end (one of the later stages) that has a camping ground before it. In the stage select, select 'Play All' and set the difficulty to Chaos. Go to the Blacksmith and they'll have pretty good 4 star weapons for everyone. Then make sure you save after you're done, then quit. (you don't actually have to play through the stage on Chaos to keep them.)

awesome!
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#5bmlee96(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 5:45:24 AM
^Thanks! That was very informative! You saved me there.
#6Fear_AwakensPosted 8/8/2013 7:04:51 AM
Level up the Merchant LAST. You can exchange 'Weapon materials' for 'Facility Materials' at a 2-1 ratio. You'll get two Facility Materials, required for improving the facilities, for every one weapon material that you exchange it for. Maxing out the Merchant removes this benefit in exchange for it no longer taking two Facility materials to get one Weapon material. But you probably won't be needing weapon mats until you've completed all of the facilities, at which point you're going to want to see what you can do with Tempering at the Blacksmith's.

I would suggest leveling up the Blacksmith first, as it's the most useful of all the facilities, and once you unlock the Academy with 700 allies, max that out, as it's easily the fastest way for any of your characters to hit 99, and the only way for any of your characters to achieve maximum stats, meaning 1000 of everything.

Teahouse is of minor importance, and Stables doesn't really do much for you, but Farmer gives you free money, which is nice when you spend it all boosting X character to 99 or leveling their stats, and Barracks will give you materials, weapons, and various animals depending on how much gold you gave them and what area you dispatched them to.

The Training Ground gives XP to the officer you put in there while you're getting it in the battlefield, so that's sort of a way to level up somebody if you're hurting for cash/don't have the Academy. Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge, having Supervisors at various places does nothing, except that the Supervisor at the Farmer will sometimes give you materials when you talk to them.

You can keep playing after the Emperor decides he's going to move in, so don't worry about having to start all over if you hit 100%. Also, to actually unlock a character's Ambition quotes, you'll have to play as both a male and a female character to max out bonds with both genders. I've got every female character's bond maxed out with men, and a lot of male bonds maxed out with a female, but not vice versa. The only voice lines I've unlocked thus far has been Wang Yi... by using Ma Chao for situational irony.
---
"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness." - Masamune Date
#7rewwPosted 8/8/2013 8:47:04 AM
How much of a grind is it to start making "super weapons" I'm starting to think ambition mode is just going to be to tedious for me.
---
PSN: ShandyX
#8TaterzzPosted 8/8/2013 9:00:46 AM
roughly an hour if you spam a low level map (by low, i mean beginner mode) over and over until you get 1000 weapons. it would take a couple hours but you should enough materials to create 5-10 weapons with the amount of single attribute weapons you find.

from there on, it's roughly 200-300 materials to max it, depending on how great your sacrifice items are. going through the bond achievements, i have more than enough materials (sitting on 7000 in stock atm), and made 50ish maxed weapons. it's very tedious if you don't have a goal doing it, and now that i'm done with bonds i'm not sure i'll follow through haha.
---
You just lost the game.
#9VaradPosted 8/8/2013 9:06:23 AM
_2650920 posted...

Now that is awesome, thanks for that tip