Pursuit at Shouchun. Help needed.

#1Lord BladePosted 8/9/2013 1:20:06 PM
So how exactly do you defeat Zhang Liao before Ding Feng is isolated?

You get the attack on your main base, which they tell you to head to.
If you do, the bridge is destroyed and THEN Ding Feng appears. There's no way to get to him without clearing the whole stage, which takes far longer than you have.

If you wait at the north long enough, should they be able to save the main camp on their own? Cause I tried that and the main camp got slaughtered.

Trying to figure out how to save him.
---
The fact that most stores are selling out of pre-orders for the Xbone is proof that humanity is doomed to extinction.
#2NynzPosted 8/9/2013 1:27:16 PM
Ignore the command to go to your base entirely. Start by heading to the bridge, but DO NOT CROSS IT! You will get a message saying something like "The forces in the north are acting strangely". At this point, turn around and head north, two officers will jump off the cliff - kill them. Once they are dead the gates to the castle will open, allowing you access to Zhang Liao. At this point you can kill him, Ding Feng will not be isolated, and you can go save your main camp.
---
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
PSN: Nynzy
#3DsPsofLifePosted 8/9/2013 1:37:55 PM(edited)
Another way is to clear out all the enemies on the path to the castle Zhang Liao is at. When Ding Feng goes back to the south end of that castle, take your horse to the area in front of the bridge(don't cross the bridge) and it will trigger the event. Just turn back around and Ding Feng will start heading back to the west side of the castle.
#4Hayato NekketsuPosted 8/9/2013 2:02:27 PM
If you haven't done the stage yet, you will run into a similar situation with Gan Ning at Yiling where you have to ignore orders if you want him to live.
#5Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 2:10:45 PM
Okay, so I've tried numerous times now.

Most of the time, if I don't go back to the main camp, I just lose as everyone there gets slaughtered in seconds.

One time, I managed to not have everyone die somehow. Unfortunately Ding Feng himself never moved and the officers never jumped off the cliff. He sat at the south entrance to the castle and the rest of my forces proceeded to get slowly slaughtered.
---
The fact that most stores are selling out of pre-orders for the Xbone is proof that humanity is doomed to extinction.
#6x0nighthawk0xPosted 8/9/2013 2:12:23 PM
Hayato Nekketsu posted...
If you haven't done the stage yet, you will run into a similar situation with Gan Ning at Yiling where you have to ignore orders if you want him to live.

Gan Ning is even worse, you practically have to stay with him or be ahead of him when he reaches the garrison because once it closes and you're outside, you're screwed.

As for this level, as said above, wait for Jia Xu to ambush the main camp, head to the bridge but do not cross it, Ding Feng will comment that you should go ahead and he'll go check it out, ignore him and just go check it out yourself. Once you've defeated the officers there, the castle gates will open and Zhang Liao will move in, just beat him and you're done.
---
Considering the two marks of censor bypassing, I am now replacing banned words with mew
#7NynzPosted 8/9/2013 2:16:10 PM
Lord Blade posted...
Okay, so I've tried numerous times now.

Most of the time, if I don't go back to the main camp, I just lose as everyone there gets slaughtered in seconds.

One time, I managed to not have everyone die somehow. Unfortunately Ding Feng himself never moved and the officers never jumped off the cliff. He sat at the south entrance to the castle and the rest of my forces proceeded to get slowly slaughtered.

You have to START going back to the camp, if you do not, then Ding Feng will not trigger the ambush off the top of the cliff. That is why I said go to the bridge, but DO NOT cross it, because that will trigger the start of it. Also, if you have been doing everything up to that point, you should have more than ample time and morale to let Jia Xiu beat on your main camp for awhile.
---
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
PSN: Nynzy
#8Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 4:04:07 PM
Yeah, I start heading for the base, and stop before the bridge when I get the message about suspicious activity.

Thing is, Ding Feng makes the comment about investigating, but he just sat there.

I finally ended up beating this though. I just popped in a second player, which I left at the main camp. Because for some reason my main camp falls in about 30 seconds if I'm not there. This is on Beginner.

I used 2P to quickly kill the base invaders and 1P to help Ding Feng.
---
#9Hayato NekketsuPosted 8/9/2013 5:41:14 PM
Stop playing on beginner, as that's your problem with the camp falling.
Ally NPCs die much faster on lower difficulties when they are offscreen.
#10TaterzzPosted 8/9/2013 6:18:16 PM
i rushed through campaign on beginner, they had no troubles defending while i saved ding feng. this isn't WO3.
---
You just lost the game.