For Dynasty Warriors 9

#1VerbotenPosted 8/15/2013 5:49:55 AM
I get the impression that number 8 is meant to be the quintessential DW game of its generation. After the stint of number 6 and barely recovering but still angering fans in number 7; this entry has made a full recovery in my book. It has left me with little to complain about. It also succeeded in having a story mode which can potentially get you to play as every character at least once which is where 6 and 7 failed. Individual character campaigns seemed appealing at first but it just caused the player to dredge through repeat battles and still left you with only a disjointed understanding of the overall story.

Anyway I feel like I do want to see more characters and weapons but that's what XL, Empires and DLC's are for.

What do you guys think is gonna happen for the next entry?

Do you think that we will be seeing the same formula with a facelift for the next console generation or perhaps are they courageous enough to bring us a totally new experience?

A part of me doesn't mind seeing just a more beautiful but the same ol DW but as a gamer, I would very much like a new experience. I remember how excited I was about 6 before it was released. It's main weakness was that it was entirely too unfinished. Otherwise, there were several new ideas that I was seriously fond of but they were since abandoned for fear of not losing their fans in the following titles.

This is seriously flawed thinking, but of course fans need to be pleased in order for the game to survive. However in the long run, I think we are getting cheated if we don't allow the game to evolve.

Your thoughts?
---
"Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements."
#2Xaldin0011Posted 8/15/2013 5:57:53 AM
I want them to go to how the story modes were done in DW5. With less narration, and more cutscenes for everyone, naturally more for the people that are more important.

I do like the kingdom stories, but we've had that twice in a row now, I'd like a change. Plus this way, everyone gets screen time, and Lu Bu will finally get a story mode like he deserves. Hopefully with tons of what ifs like in DW6.

Also, to ****ing fix up free mode, there's no reason there should be duplicates of characters when I play.

And this is more of an after thought/extra, but bring in Musou Battlefield from WO3, that was fun. As well as the Intros that we could edit like in DW3-5, and CAW would be nice.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#3Verboten(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 6:50:43 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...
I want them to go to how the story modes were done in DW5. With less narration, and more cutscenes for everyone, naturally more for the people that are more important.

I do like the kingdom stories, but we've had that twice in a row now, I'd like a change. Plus this way, everyone gets screen time, and Lu Bu will finally get a story mode like he deserves. Hopefully with tons of what ifs like in DW6.

Also, to ****ing fix up free mode, there's no reason there should be duplicates of characters when I play.

And this is more of an after thought/extra, but bring in Musou Battlefield from WO3, that was fun. As well as the Intros that we could edit like in DW3-5, and CAW would be nice.

That's some good points. You know what, I was shocked that there were no events for the the Other characters. Lubu is a fantastic character and deserves much more love.

If the next game must go the facelift route, one thing I don't want back is the weapon switching. I feel like it was a mode of necessity to offset the weapon clone fiasco but now that all the characters have their own weapons, they could just drop it all together. Perhaps just keeping the weapon switching to the same weapon is fine. That's how I played anyway. Some of the female movesets became more generic because they had to be neutral sexed. As much as I don't want a whip equiped male shaking his tush while he runs, don't take that away from the women!
---
"Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements."
#4dragonfruit152Posted 8/15/2013 6:57:36 AM
I would like to see All of the Other faction characters recieve a fully fleshed out story mode

with at least 10 stages or more with individual cutscenes for each of these people in paticular.

I also would like to see the return of body guards.

Dian Weis Ball and chain weapon would be nice to have back

I want to see them push the graphic engine further.

For DW9 they need to focus more attention on the Other officer faction. Its weird to play with Lubu

in free mode in a battle he dont belong in lol.

He only have one story stage in DW8 with no :(
#5MHNetioPosted 8/15/2013 6:57:59 AM
They had some superb ideas for weapons in 6. I'd like to see them revisit those sans renbu system.
#6dragonfruit152Posted 8/15/2013 7:04:17 AM
Keep in mind Famitsu mentioned Koei rushed DW7 and DW8 to get as many characters in the

games as possible. Which resulted in win poses being removed and Lubu,DiaoChan,ZhuRong

MengHuao,YuanShao,DongZhuo getting the short end of the stick. I hope these characters

get fully fleshed out story modes in DW9. The DW3XL story mode for DiaoChan was epic!
#7Stardustgoldy33Posted 8/15/2013 8:50:47 AM
They have to make a next generation Dynasty Warriors for PS4 because the lack of individual

character story lines and cutscenes in battle really make the game boring
#8redroses_4lifePosted 8/15/2013 8:55:19 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...

This.
---
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?
#9El_CaracolPosted 8/15/2013 9:07:15 AM
Is this a Dynasty Warriors wish list or what we expect to see based on what's already been happening?

I think they might introduce new characters in 8XL and 8Empires to entice gamers to buy those expansions. I'm still on the fence on getting DW7 Empires, but when it first came out, I was stunned to see that they introduced a character out of the blue 'cuz they never did that before. And I wanted to buy it because they added a Xu Shu.

I think they'll do more hypotheticals and release the rest of the old DW1 outfits and maybe start doing DW2 outfits. Maybe they'll do more ROTK outfits also.

Of course they'll reassign weapons and tweak the affinity system.

As for story… I dunno. I want them to put a disclaimer that it's a work of fiction based on historical fiction and not an interactive documentary of ancient China.

And if they do that, I want them to package it with a bluray of an actual documentary of the three kingdoms with the in-game models, ha.

Then a behind the scenes bluray interviewing the characters as if they were actors and they'll say how great the production was and they're all friends off the set and that we should play the game and look out for easter eggs.

Then we can finally see Wei Yan without the mask and if the Don Zhou actor is in a fat suit.
---
snail snail snail _@/" _@/" _@/"
#10Mannike54Posted 8/15/2013 9:34:53 AM
For me, if they were to make a new game, I'd want one of two things to occur:

A: Typical Dynasty Warriors release, improvements and additions to the previous game, but nothing huge. One thing I would like though is the return of Versus mode, but not one-on-one. I reckon it would be so cool if you could make a campaign, or pick an existing one, and play it out like actual strategists or commanders. So if you were playing The Battle of Wuzhang Plains, then Player 1 would be Sima Yi and Player 2 would be Zhuge Liang, and they'd be giving their respective teams orders and stuff, or just charging up to the other side and slaying the other player if they wanted to. It would probably be better suited to Empires though. I would love if they did that, but I can understand that it would be really hard to perfect or even just imagine creating.

or B: An overhaul, in the style of 6, but actually finished this time. While I love the format of "1 versus 1000" I think it would be cooler if it were more realistic in terms of combat. For example, combat being as fluid and cool as it is in the in-game events, and being surrounded by 10 or more peons actually being a bad thing IN THE GAME, not just in cutscenes ("Oh no! We're surrounded by 10 peons! It's an ambush!" *cutscene ends* *proceeds to kill eleventy billion peons singlehandedly*). I wouldn't mind if the amount of characters, weapons and such were reduced and new ones added to better suit the whole realism thing (ie the removal of all the kawaii desu ^^ chicks seeing as they're there simply to provide boners) and Zhuge Liang being confined to an NPC, seeing as he most likely didn't actually charge onto the battlefield and *****slap people with his feather fan. Story Mode and Free Mode would return though.