This game is fun!

#1daihideoPosted 11/1/2012 11:05:10 PM
Tabletop roleplayers will enjoy this. I had to stop only because my battery was going to die.
Anyone else playing this right now?
---
Intel I7 3930K 3.2Ghz | 1x Evga 680gtx | Asus P9X79 WS LGA2011 Mobo | Corsair Dominator 32gig 1600 (quad slot 4x8gig) | Corsair 500R
#2SketchiePosted 11/2/2012 8:14:42 PM(edited)
Yep, I'm currently playing it.

My players are as following:
Hugo, the Paladin
Betu, the Barbarian
Saulo, the Rogue
E.T., the Mage
Gui, the Bard

Wish I knew where to unlock the Shaman class. It's the only last "secret" class I don't have yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, unlocked the Shaman class. :P
---
Became a Sage on 7/11/08! ^_____^
#3CharmyPosted 11/3/2012 12:18:12 PM
I'm enjoying the game :)

Party is:

Grandma the Warrior w/ Bonus Threat
Paris the Rogue w/ Blacksmith Discount
Flowers the Cleric w/ +1 to dice rolls
Mr. John the Mage w/ +10% exp

Its strange though... Mr. John isn't leveling up faster than the other players. I wonder if the +10% exp is bugged, or if it applies to the whole party..

Anyone know?
#4samuricexPosted 11/3/2012 10:01:56 PM
It's great.

My group:

Nerd, the Paladin.
E.T., the Druid
Bully, the Warrior
Flowers, the Mage (or Wizard, whatever the magic class is.)
Little Brother, the Cleric.

Just had to have the Nerd as the unnofficial leader of my group.
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#5SketchiePosted 11/3/2012 10:57:59 PM
Charmy posted...
I'm enjoying the game :)

Party is:

Grandma the Warrior w/ Bonus Threat
Paris the Rogue w/ Blacksmith Discount
Flowers the Cleric w/ +1 to dice rolls
Mr. John the Mage w/ +10% exp

Its strange though... Mr. John isn't leveling up faster than the other players. I wonder if the +10% exp is bugged, or if it applies to the whole party..

Anyone know?

Saulo has +5 Initiative and +30% EXP, but he still gains the same amount of EXP like everyone else which leads to the conclusion that it applies to everyone or is bugged.
---
Became a Sage on 7/11/08! ^_____^
#6HotbedbriePosted 11/4/2012 6:58:55 AM
I think it's the latter. John has the same issue.

Travel reduction costs, on the other hand, are straight up bugged and increase cost.

---

Woofie the Warrior
ET the Druid
Saulo, the Bard (restarted from Cleric once Devs unlocked)
Little Brother the Rogue
Pizza Guy the Mage

Would probably run more Devs on a restart.

Bard: I prefer Bard over Cleric since I CC all non-elite enemies and Weakening multiple enemies isn't valuable under those conditions. Cleric's Smite does solid damage but it's a choice between healing and DPS, whereas Bard can Power Chord turn one and then follow-up heal later. I also really like to proactive group heal of Octavarium, which if you have nothing better to do you can always activate. I ignore Dissonance.

Druid/Rogue/Mage: CC is critical to surviving tough fights (fighting more enemies in a single combat gets you significantly more EXP than splitting it up into multiple fights) and these are the classes who have it. Just figure out who has CC that goes in initiative order before an enemy to deny them their current turn rather than next turn whenever possible. Use Rogue and Mage stuns to deny enemies turns early on in the combat, then gradually replace the CC on these enemies with Hibernate (multi-turn CC) and switch the Rogue (Vanish/Double-Strike) and Mage (Fireball) over to DPS and the Druid over to Gaia's Blessing. Keep one enemy un-slept at a time, DPS them down, let the Bard's heals soak any damage they do, win.

Warrior: has nice, action-free threat management and reasonable DPS. Early game Cleave is fun, but later on Strike is king for weakening Elites that you can't stun or sleep. Haven't tried a Knight since I don't understand Frontline, Paladin has better threat management but worse DPS, and Barbarian's Berserk ability is a terrible combo with Hibernate.

TLDR:

1. Stun with Rogue/Mage, Sleep with Druid
2. Once you replace stun on enemies with Sleep, murder single non-slept enemy at a time with Strike, Vanish->Double Strike, Fireball.
3. Elites are first DPS target due to immunity to CC - Warrior's Strike damages and weakens.
4. Stack MP-regen items on Druid and fuel rest of party with Gaia's Blessing for sustain.
5. Bard > Cleric.
#7HotbedbriePosted 11/4/2012 7:23:43 AM
Although, am considering possibility with of running Hugo as Cleric and stacking threat and health items to combine roles of composite Smite-Tank and Healer, and then rotating out Bard for Hunter for more pure DPS.
#8samuricexPosted 11/4/2012 8:33:38 AM
Is it possible to switch characters out in a game? Or would you have to start a new game? I just unlocked the Necromancer and would probably replace someone with him. Also, what are the other classes and how do you unlock them?
---
"Think you're a dragon slayer? Come here and try." -Shyvana
#9HotbedbriePosted 11/4/2012 10:20:12 AM
SPOILERS

There is a mysterious black robed figure @ Sunset Castle (just north of Default Village) who can respec or remove characters from your party.

You can look up the classes in the Game Center achievements, but they are Shaman, Knight, Necromancer, Bard, and Shaman.

Bard and Knight are unlocked from quests @ Sunset Castle. Bard is a rescue from the princess, Knight triggers off the Skeleton Battle.

Necro @ Wizards of East Coast but I'm not sure that's where it starts.

Shaman I think is at Plains Temple?

Hunter apple find in Default Village.

I'd start a new game and check out abilities before replacing. Necro seems a little underwhelming outside of a purely Attack based party.
#10SinistraXPosted 11/4/2012 11:23:08 AM
Hotbedbrie posted...
SPOILERS

There is a mysterious black robed figure @ Sunset Castle (just north of Default Village) who can respec or remove characters from your party.

You can look up the classes in the Game Center achievements, but they are Shaman, Knight, Necromancer, Bard, and Shaman.

Bard and Knight are unlocked from quests @ Sunset Castle. Bard is a rescue from the princess, Knight triggers off the Skeleton Battle.

Necro @ Wizards of East Coast but I'm not sure that's where it starts.

Shaman I think is at Plains Temple?

Hunter apple find in Default Village.

I'd start a new game and check out abilities before replacing. Necro seems a little underwhelming outside of a purely Attack based party.

Necro unlock starts at default village.

Shaman unlock starts at Yoga village, takes you to plains temple to do the 4 fetch quests.

Hunter you need to do all 4 fetch quests from default village.

Knight & Bard are as you said.

The legendary character (mom?) I imagine is unlocked by beating her in the maze, after the 5 dragons. I barely beat the dragons with my level 30 party, thinking it was over. On the first turn she 1-shot cleaved 3 of my people for 150+damage. It is a level 50 quest.

I restarted after this with a Knight, Barbarian, Bard, Rogue, Shaman group. Currently farming from level 30 to get the best items from the shop and blacksmith, we will see how this goes.