Wizards of the East Coast day counter

#1megafire123Posted 11/7/2012 4:01:11 AM
Does anyone know what the days counter in the Wizards of the East Coast is counting down to? I've noticed it's counting down is real world days rather than game days.

Also does anyone know where the best place to grind for gold is? I'd like to avoid paying real world money for it.
---
[something witty]
#2SinistraXPosted 11/7/2012 6:06:52 AM
Hm. I did notice the timer but I thought it wasn't moving at all. Maybe it is counting down to a content update? Like a new campaign?

As opposed to everyone farming dragons, I have been farming x6 missingno & 1x void elemental at WotEC, with the missingno kill quest for extra XP. This bags me 13.5k xp and averages 70g without an elite cash bonus and 150 with one. For some reason when I get an elite cash bonus I get an above average gold drop, plus the bonus for practically double the normal. Just kill them and restart the quest to keep getiting bonus XP.
#3megafire123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 6:47:58 AM
I've been keeping track since I first saw the counter and it is going down each real world day. I'm hoping it's counting down to an update, I'd love a new campaign or two.

And damn, I was hoping there was a different method for gold, I've just been farming voids but I guess it's time to throw some missing no. into the mix as well.
---
[something witty]
#4King MooglePosted 11/7/2012 1:48:07 PM
SinistraX posted...
Hm. I did notice the timer but I thought it wasn't moving at all. Maybe it is counting down to a content update? Like a new campaign?

As opposed to everyone farming dragons, I have been farming x6 missingno & 1x void elemental at WotEC, with the missingno kill quest for extra XP. This bags me 13.5k xp and averages 70g without an elite cash bonus and 150 with one. For some reason when I get an elite cash bonus I get an above average gold drop, plus the bonus for practically double the normal. Just kill them and restart the quest to keep getiting bonus XP.

Once you've completed a quest, is there a way to re-do it?
---
May the Twinkie be with you - FF X Storyline Board
Check out the Banishing Blade and Twinkie topics!
#5SinistraXPosted 11/8/2012 10:29:00 AM
King Moogle posted...
SinistraX posted...

Once you've completed a quest, is there a way to re-do it?

No. However on one of my playthroughs I got a bug that let me restart the main questline as many times as I wanted, from the swamp god part.
#6DonkeygamePosted 11/10/2012 1:03:48 AM
megafire123 posted...
Does anyone know what the days counter in the Wizards of the East Coast is counting down to? I've noticed it's counting down is real world days rather than game days.

I have a hunch. Assuming your timer is the same as mine, as of earlier today, November 9, 2012, my timer read 41 days. If you count out the days from there, that date is December 20, 2012, which has gained recent notoriety as the day the world is supposed to end according to the Mayan calendar.

A wee bit ominous, no? Betcha wished you hadn't asked now. Our fun little game just became a Doomsday timer!
---
Friend codes listed in Profile.
#7SinistraXPosted 11/10/2012 10:18:41 AM
Donkeygame posted...
megafire123 posted...

I have a hunch. Assuming your timer is the same as mine, as of earlier today, November 9, 2012, my timer read 41 days. If you count out the days from there, that date is December 20, 2012, which has gained recent notoriety as the day the world is supposed to end according to the Mayan calendar.

A wee bit ominous, no? Betcha wished you hadn't asked now. Our fun little game just became a Doomsday timer!

oh shi-

Although that just makes me sad if that's all it is and there are no planned updates.
#8megafire123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 5:54:11 PM
Yeah mine is counting down to 20th Dec. I didn't realise that was the 'end of the world' day....again. Now I'm not so sure I want to know anymore :P
---
[something witty]