End Game Grinding

#1King MooglePosted 11/8/2012 7:58:34 AM
Hiya,

So, I'm trying to figure out the best thing to grind. I can do Void Elementals and Missing Nos (a reference, by the way, which makes me very happy!) for lots of XP and occasional item drops, or I can do black dragons for gold. I'm really liking the dragons, but has anyone had any item drops?

I've actually had a Three Ring (I believe) drop from a Void Elemental/MissingNo group, but haven't had any worthwhile item drops from a Black Dragon, despite their being lvl 50 elites and my using a glass table. Anyone know if Black Dragons have item drops worth caring about, or if I should stick with Void Elemental/MissingNo groups?

Thanks!
---
May the Twinkie be with you - FF X Storyline Board
Check out the Banishing Blade and Twinkie topics!
#2RiceEggsNCatsupPosted 11/8/2012 8:33:32 AM
from grinding black dragons, i've gotten:

- 4 rings (40 hp, 32 mp, 8 hp regen, 8 mp regen)
-20 sided amulets (20 atk)
- solar amulets (10 atk, 40 mp)
- luck amulets (25 mp, 5% crit)
- fine topaz necklace (8% crit)
- fine emerald necklace (9% xp)

and a bunch of worthless junk like wooden rings and steaks.

drops appeared more often with item boost furniture.
#3King Moogle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 8:39:13 AM
So, black dragons are definitely the way to go, then. Thanks for the confirmation. :-)
---
May the Twinkie be with you - FF X Storyline Board
Check out the Banishing Blade and Twinkie topics!
#4SinistraXPosted 11/8/2012 10:31:47 AM
Depends if you are going for gold or XP. Like above, the black dragon seems to have rare item drops, where as I have gotten almost nothing from the void/missingno groups. However, the groups give more average gold as well as 4 times more XP (14000 vs 3500) than the black dragon does. It really comes down to choice and how fast you can AoE farm the groups.