End Game Grinding

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
Hiya,

So, I'm trying to figure out the best thing to grind. I can do Void Elementals and Missing Nos (a reference, by the way, which makes me very happy!) for lots of XP and occasional item drops, or I can do black dragons for gold. I'm really liking the dragons, but has anyone had any item drops?

I've actually had a Three Ring (I believe) drop from a Void Elemental/MissingNo group, but haven't had any worthwhile item drops from a Black Dragon, despite their being lvl 50 elites and my using a glass table. Anyone know if Black Dragons have item drops worth caring about, or if I should stick with Void Elemental/MissingNo groups?

Thanks!
---
May the Twinkie be with you - FF X Storyline Board
Check out the Banishing Blade and Twinkie topics!
3 years ago#2
from grinding black dragons, i've gotten:

- 4 rings (40 hp, 32 mp, 8 hp regen, 8 mp regen)
-20 sided amulets (20 atk)
- solar amulets (10 atk, 40 mp)
- luck amulets (25 mp, 5% crit)
- fine topaz necklace (8% crit)
- fine emerald necklace (9% xp)

and a bunch of worthless junk like wooden rings and steaks.

drops appeared more often with item boost furniture.
3 years ago#3
So, black dragons are definitely the way to go, then. Thanks for the confirmation. :-)
---
May the Twinkie be with you - FF X Storyline Board
Check out the Banishing Blade and Twinkie topics!
3 years ago#4
Depends if you are going for gold or XP. Like above, the black dragon seems to have rare item drops, where as I have gotten almost nothing from the void/missingno groups. However, the groups give more average gold as well as 4 times more XP (14000 vs 3500) than the black dragon does. It really comes down to choice and how fast you can AoE farm the groups.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived