Barbarian Skills Question

#1misterfish2000Posted 11/11/2012 10:10:49 PM
After unlocking the Barbarian, I thought I would give it a shot. The damage from Berserk and Sharpen Axe seemed promising. It's the passive Blood Seeker skill that's got me confused, though.

So far, my Barbarian has the following skills:

Adren Rush - 1
Sharpen Axe - 3
Berserk - 3
Blood Seeker - 2

If I'm understanding Blood Seeker correctly, every time I attack, I should receive 15% of the attack's damage as hp and receive 2 hp at the beginning of each turn. However, this seems to be the opposite and drain health but only with Berserk active.

At level 10 fighting level 9 Kobs in the Ancient Jungle, every time I use Berserk, the beginning of each turn I'm hit for 17 hp and recover 2. I have to use the Druid's Regeneration to keep the Barbarian alive. At the end of the fight after receiving xp and gold, I'm hit for an additional 17 hp, too!

Is this a bug, or is this how the skill is supposed to work? If it is, I don't see how this class is possible without substantial healing.

Thanks for any input!
#2Shanker13Posted 11/13/2012 1:50:23 AM
It takes a good amount of blood leech to make berserk decent.
Honestly, I'd respec and skip berserk all together. My berserk-less Barbarian is a crit-tastic hp regen-ing machine. No set up required like the thief's vanish.
Just my thoughts though.
#3SinistraXPosted 11/15/2012 6:18:34 PM
The berserker takes damage equal to his base attack damage (includes items and his axe talent, but not the +atk from berserking) at the beginning of each turn. This makes the skill pretty awful altogether. In addition to gaining a bunch of threat, no amount of lifesteal will make him survive. If you want to use the barb, ignore berserking.
#4misterfish2000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 8:34:44 AM
Ah, well that makes sense. I'll lose Berserk and give it another go.

Thanks!
#5ncgtyPosted 11/19/2012 4:14:40 AM
Hey guys, dev here.

Just letting you know that the ios version has a berserking bug that you're dealt some damage. I believe the android version is 100% (v1.20).
#6who_is_danielPosted 11/19/2012 10:02:53 AM
ncgty posted...
Hey guys, dev here.

Just letting you know that the ios version has a berserking bug that you're dealt some damage. I believe the android version is 100% (v1.20).

iOS player here, thanks for letting us know :)