Insanity Trophy

#1NeopantomImePosted 12/16/2012 10:14:15 PM
Can I load an existing character from a previous play-through and switch it to insanity as soon as I can when I start the game or do I have to start with a new character at level 1 and then select insanity?
---
Victims... Aren't we all? (PSN - "Neopantomime")
#2GundamFanTPosted 12/16/2012 10:17:51 PM
NeopantomIme posted...
Can I load an existing character from a previous play-through and switch it to insanity as soon as I can when I start the game or do I have to start with a new character at level 1 and then select insanity?

First you have to finish Hardcore to unlock Insanity. But yes, the difficultly can (and must) be set on Eden Prime. Once you activate the beacon, your chances of earning the trophy are either set or lost.
---
Resident Sentinel expert in all 3 ME games
PSN:GundamFanT
#3NeopantomIme(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 10:20:01 PM
Yeah I know the hardcore part, I was just wondering if I can use that character for another one for the insanity playthrough. I'm assuming I can change the difficulty before Eden Prime as well? Also thanks for answer...
---
Victims... Aren't we all? (PSN - "Neopantomime")
#4GundamFanTPosted 12/16/2012 10:27:35 PM
NeopantomIme posted...
Yeah I know the hardcore part, I was just wondering if I can use that character for another one for the insanity playthrough. I'm assuming I can change the difficulty before Eden Prime as well? Also thanks for answer...

Yep, you got it. You're pretty much encouraged to use a high level character anyway. But the trophy is counted from activating the beacon- onwards. As long as you set it to insanity (or hardcore if you haven't done that yet) before you touch the beacon, you're golden.
---
Resident Sentinel expert in all 3 ME games
PSN:GundamFanT