Game Breaking Bend Will Glitch - spoiler

#1justinhenry81Posted 12/5/2012 5:28:24 PM
I'm at the end of the quest where you use your Bend Will shout to tame Sahrotaar, and my shout just goes right through him -- it does nothing. I've tried reloading to no success -- I've trained all three levels of the shout, so that's not the problem.

Happen to anybody else?
#2SNiCKERSxoPosted 12/5/2012 6:34:15 PM
justinhenry81 posted...
I'm at the end of the quest where you use your Bend Will shout to tame Sahrotaar, and my shout just goes right through him -- it does nothing. I've tried reloading to no success -- I've trained all three levels of the shout, so that's not the problem.

Happen to anybody else?

You have to actually fight him and basically kill him. When you do instead of him dying he will lay his head down and THEN you use the Bend Will shout on him. That's when you ride him and do the quick tutorial on riding dragons.
#3Sharpened_DirkPosted 12/6/2012 12:44:45 AM
same issue, doesnt seem to work no matter how low i get him, he just keeps respawning if i hit him after he is super low
---
360GT: Ricasti. I don't give a crap if you're new or don't know what you're doing, you can always play online with me ^_^
#4Sharpened_DirkPosted 12/6/2012 8:22:47 AM
this is still happening =/
---
360GT: Ricasti. I don't give a crap if you're new or don't know what you're doing, you can always play online with me ^_^
#5justinhenry81(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 12:54:53 PM
Sharpened_Dirk posted...
this is still happening =/

Yeah, still happening to me as well
#6TimeAlamirPosted 12/6/2012 5:30:07 PM
I never attacked him I used bend will like 12 times and after that he landed and let me ride him.
#7Greed_1986Posted 12/8/2012 10:43:43 AM
It worked just fine for me. My problem was that whenever I fought miraak and his health went below zero before he absorbed any dragon souls for health he would just stand there in his invisible form unable to take damage or move. But I found away around it and just killed him slowly.
---
Gamer for life!!
#8mellowsteezPosted 12/8/2012 2:12:54 PM
Im having the same issue :/ I've tried killing him and then bending his will but all that happens is his speech and then that's it, can't ride him. Gonna try just shouting as he is flying in.
#9Majormonty2210Posted 12/8/2012 8:43:27 PM
Ive tried several times as well, so their must b a problem. I get the dragons health down to nothing, use my bend will shout, and then he just sits there for a while staring at you. I cant activate him or ride him to advance. Am i missing something here?
#10LeeChaolanPosted 12/8/2012 9:30:05 PM
There's some sort of glitch there. The first time I encountered him he killed me almost instantaneously and i got the whole you cannot continue fighting message and got kicked out. Before I died however I did get the bend will shout off. When I come back he's just sitting there and won't do anything. It took me several tries without getting instakilled but apparently for the scene to work as corrected you have to use your bend will shout on him and let him finish his dialogue otherwise he's just stuck there. Enjoyed this DLC for the most part but this last section seems very poorly executed/tested.
---
Excellent!
http://torentsugames.blogspot.com/