Do I have to start a new character to play the expansion?

#1PuzzledPuddingPosted 12/6/2012 4:20:22 PM
I want to play with my main char but I cant find anyone on the docs to take me and no cultists attack me. I dunno if it has to do with the fact that I have finished most, if not all of the game and previous add ons. But it seems nothing is happening, alduin dead, champion of brotherhood, mages, thieves, companions, vampires ... I hate the idea of starting over. Anyone have any suggestions?
#2surferdudez71Posted 12/6/2012 5:27:34 PM
I wouldn't recommend going in with a new or low level character as some of the quests will have you facing some very tough opponents.

I have a level 61 who's died a few times already and level 10 character going through the expansion. It's been tough with the lvl. 10 guy so far and I've had to abandon a quest after dealing with two Deathlord's in a mine.

BTW, I was able to get a ride from the Captain at the docks in Windlhelm for 250 gp's without any problem. Have you looked on the right boat for him?
---
Baptizo (XBL, PSN)
#3ablack23Posted 12/6/2012 6:19:33 PM
i thought level didnt matter as the game adapts to the level of your character. i remember people saying they beat the story mode on level 1.
#4professorfrink1Posted 12/7/2012 9:19:34 AM
I would highly recommend that you have at least 3 dragon souls stocked up before you start the dlc main quest. There's a really annoying gameplay element where the other dragonborn steals your dragon souls. It apparently happens randomly and some people are saying it almost never happened to them but in my game it happened 6 out of 9 times. You will need three dragon souls to advance to the boss fight. I would say stock up 6 because Dragon Aspect is a pretty awesome shout.
#5RGPanznerPosted 12/10/2012 2:45:16 PM
ablack23 posted...
i thought level didnt matter as the game adapts to the level of your character. i remember people saying they beat the story mode on level 1.

Level usually doesn't matter with the Elder Scrolls Add-ons. This one on the other hand does a little. There is static leveled enemies you will face no matter what level you are. Meaning if you went to do the add-on at level 1 you'd have to face Dragur Deathlords. The Cultist are no walk in the park either for a new character especially for a mage. I think they designed Solstiem in mind for late 20's to early 30's.

If you are bent on doing the add-on early you may want to consider lowering the diffuculty to Apprentice or Novice.

Also like the above poster said. Get at least 3 dragon souls stored before you start the expansion.
---
XBL GT: Hippeus Omega