Dragonborn Glitch: You know, the part when Sahrotaar DOESN'T show up...

#1kreenpananasPosted 1/4/2013 3:13:55 PM
*SPOILER*

So, I've been scouring the web and found a decent amount of information regarding the glitches that involve Miraak and 1. the dragon soul eating fiasco and 2. his immortality and finally 3. Sahrotaar not being tamable.

My glitch came in the form of Sahrotaar not showing up at all! I approach the word wall, receive the power, but then, nothing happens. At first, I thought it was some form of anti-climactic narrative exploit. But nope, after a few reloads and an Xbox restart- I've come to terms that I'm glitched up beyond repair.

Below is a video (it'll automatically start at 6 minutes in when I run into the issue).

Does anyone know a work around this, or know someone I should be forwarding this to? I hope it brings to light other people who might be experiencing the same thing.

Why won't Sahrotaar show up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVdb9LXHfQ&feature=youtu.be&t=6m8s
#2casimirneyPosted 1/5/2013 7:29:42 AM
Do you have all three words of bend will and are they all unlocked? Have you actually played through the entire quest, or did you just go through the book?
#3kreenpananas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:18:21 PM
casimirney posted...
Do you have all three words of bend will and are they all unlocked? Have you actually played through the entire quest, or did you just go through the book?

Oh. Hmm...if by play through the entire quest you mean, complete all of the Black Books, then no. I was just going through the main quest. I'll give it a whirl tonight (dunno why that never occurred to me- probably because it let me proceed w/out completing the Black Books). Thanks for the heads up.
#4casimirneyPosted 1/15/2013 4:40:07 AM
I was just referring to the main quest... Don't know what the problem could be.

Spoilers...

You have gotten to he point where the skaal chief dies, right?
#5kreenpananas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:25:28 AM
casimirney posted...
I was just referring to the main quest... Don't know what the problem could be.

Spoilers...

You have gotten to he point where the skaal chief dies, right?

I have, yes. And sorry for the delay. GameFAQs forums are relatively new to me (dunno why it's taken me this long to sign up!). Anyway, I remember not finishing one of the Black Books but that shouldn't be the case, right? I have all the Words....hmmm....

Thanks for checking back on this.
#6KelairdoggPosted 1/27/2013 3:39:22 PM
Hey I dont know if you solved this one or not but I ran into this and I realized why the dragon wont show up? You have to spend dragon souls to unlock the rest of the shout. The last one is Dragon and as soon as you unlock it, the dragon will show up.