Without spoilers, what race should I start Dragonborn With?

#1FaytmybuttPosted 1/4/2013 3:22:53 PM
The PC version isn't out yet, but I'm expecting it this month sometime and I'd like to start a character to play dragonborn with as it comes out.

I want to know, what do you guys think is a good race to be for roleplay reasons?

Is Dragonborn (without spoilers) more about nord culture, or dunmer?

I feel I should either be a nord or a dunmer, but which makes more sense.

A Dunmer could feel nostalgic, maybe he was arrested crossing the border FROM morrowind (or in very fact, solstheim itself.) and has to go back.

But a nord, well, in the end is more apt to be a dragonborn since they can learn shouts without being dragonborn.

I guess a deciding factor might be what dragonborn explores more, dunmer, or Nord culture?
#2casimirneyPosted 1/5/2013 7:27:03 AM
Dunmer. Almost certainly.
#3DMSoloPosted 1/20/2013 3:46:02 PM
Faytmybutt posted...
The PC version isn't out yet, but I'm expecting it this month sometime and I'd like to start a character to play dragonborn with as it comes out.

I want to know, what do you guys think is a good race to be for roleplay reasons?

Is Dragonborn (without spoilers) more about nord culture, or dunmer?

I feel I should either be a nord or a dunmer, but which makes more sense.

A Dunmer could feel nostalgic, maybe he was arrested crossing the border FROM morrowind (or in very fact, solstheim itself.) and has to go back.

But a nord, well, in the end is more apt to be a dragonborn since they can learn shouts without being dragonborn.

I guess a deciding factor might be what dragonborn explores more, dunmer, or Nord culture?

Personally I'd play as a Dunnmer, the reason for this being not only the nolstalgia feeling but also the fact that Solsthiem is counted as part of Morrowind. Also may I ask where it says that only Nords can learn shouts if not the Dragonborn? And finally: PC gaming FTW add me on steam
Display name: (MTG) Lord Strife
User name: cloud_stigma
Ps. I never got the fact that if you were a Nord from Skyrim why you would be caught trying to illegally get into Skyrim… makes no sense to me.
#4lordofchaos17Posted 1/24/2013 7:11:03 PM
Argonian, because Argonian.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#5WvethPosted 1/26/2013 1:23:32 PM
Any race can learn to Shout. The problem is that the only teachers and experts are the Greybeards. At least as far as we know. So it's much less likely for a non-Nord non-Dragonborn to learn them, but definitely not impossible.
---
Wveth!