What new feature are you most looking forward to in this game?

#1nazacuckooPosted 12/16/2012 5:32:38 AM
For me it must be those knives that you can use for climbing walls.
The flintlock pistol also sounds pretty cool.
And I know this isn't a feature, but I'm interested in how the story will handle Shantae being
a pirate. Like nintendo power said, who knows if her morales will remain the same?
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#2JangobadassPosted 12/16/2012 7:43:22 AM
New belly dances. We know of two and I'm interested to see what else they can have her do besides transform (like in the first game)
---
RIP Nintendo Power July 1988-December 2012
Goodnight, Sweet Prince :'(
#3MetalLokiPosted 12/16/2012 12:52:33 PM
The pirate gear in general. I really hope that it's like Metroid when you get new gear.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#4nazacuckoo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 4:22:14 PM
MetalLoki posted...
The pirate gear in general. I really hope that it's like Metroid when you get new gear.

I haven't played much metroid, what's it like when you get new stuff?
I'm also really excited to see how the pirate gear works :)
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#5MetalLokiPosted 12/16/2012 4:44:22 PM
nazacuckoo posted...
MetalLoki posted...

They become a part of you. In RR you would just transform and thoses forms did get updates but not Shantae herself which was fine because that was her gimick. However she can't do that anymore so a Samus like use of weapons is fine.
---
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
"And besides, didn't you die in a giant 'Stage Clear!' explosion?"
#6Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/17/2012 3:24:57 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
MetalLoki posted...

He's talking about how you have only limited ways, until you find new stuff which allows for moves that get you to otherwise inaccessible places.
The Bone Dagger explanation from NP is a good example: first, Shantae might end up at a high wall she can't jump on. Later on, when she has the Bone Daggers, she can throw some into the wall and use them as plat forms to get past it.
It's a cool way of implementing backracking as you might (or not) remember the places you couldn't access and suddenly find new areas full of treasure and enemies.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans