Does the Soarin-for-bits glitch work on Kindle?

#1Dark MousyPosted 4/6/2013 5:31:58 PM
I'm playing on a kindle, I keep reading that I can get Soarin without bits by turning off wifi but I'm unable to get it to work. Do I have to buy Fleetfoot first? Don't want to bother with the high cost for Fleetfoot if it isn't necessary. Any help is appreciated! Also, feel free to add me, I'm very active: MichiHooves on GameLoft. I'm cross posting this as well since the boards are not super active.
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#2pokemaster2185Posted 4/7/2013 7:26:28 AM
Unfortunately, that's not longer possible.

When the game was first released, there was a glitch that allowed you to buy ponies with bits that you would normally have to play the Balloon Pop game to get. The same glitch also switched the bit/gem amounts for Fleetfoot and Soarin, essentially allowing you to buy both for bits. This was patched after the game released the Hearth's Warming Eve update.
---
Pokemon, GETTO daze!
#3itsyourlifePosted 4/7/2013 2:10:17 PM
pokemaster2185 posted...
Unfortunately, that's not longer possible.

When the game was first released, there was a glitch that allowed you to buy ponies with bits that you would normally have to play the Balloon Pop game to get. The same glitch also switched the bit/gem amounts for Fleetfoot and Soarin, essentially allowing you to buy both for bits. This was patched after the game released the Hearth's Warming Eve update.

Some platforms had it patched beforehand or it simply never worked for some, because turning airplane mode on or wi-fi off never did anything to the prices for me, even before the update.

Playing on an iPhone 3GS.
---
Proud Brony.
#4Dark Mousy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 2:19:35 PM
Thanks for the replies!
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719