Ultimate Evolution

#1GenshroomsPosted 9/4/2013 3:27:56 PM
Is it best/better to Ultimate Evolve your monster at the lowest level (base monster is level 1) or at max level (base monster is max level)?

Does it make any difference?

For example, if I had a Drawn Joker and he was level 1 and his stats were HP 100, ATK 100, RCV 100. If I made him evolve (Ultimate Evolve) into Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker, would his current stats change if he is still level 1 or would they be the same?

Also, would he gain more stats per level if he evolved (Ultimate Evolved) or would their stat gain be the same (for example, if Drawn Joker gain 1 HP, 1 ATK, and 1 RCV per level gained, would Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker gain the same amount per level (1 in each stat) or would he have greater stat gain because he evolved (for example gain 2 in each stat)?
---
PSN: EvilZombie175
#2TheSocialBunnyPosted 9/5/2013 9:44:14 PM(edited)
As far as I am aware, it does't matter when you decide to put your monster through Ultimate Evolution. Outside of + Eggs, monsters appear to have zero variation when it comes to stats given the same level and stage of evolution which is why all the stat calculators and databases can so accurately predict how powerful a monster will become.

Basically, each monster has a base stat that they start out with and a hidden multiplier that determines how much they gain per each level. However, this multiplier is dynamic and changes when they go through ultimate evolution so that the levels they previously gained are also retroactively multiplied by this variable. Basically, every Level 99 Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker in the world should have the exact same stats when you take + Eggs out of the equation.

If anything though, it's better to start as early as possible, since shoving 5 Evo Materials into a Level 99 monster isn't exactly easy on the wallet. There are only a few selective cases where going through Ultimate Evolution is a bad idea... mostly related to getting your sub-attribute binded. Pretty much in every other case it's an improvement with no additional increase on the EXP curve.
#3Genshrooms(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:08:37 PM
TheSocialBunny posted...
As far as I am aware, it does't matter when you decide to put your monster through Ultimate Evolution. Outside of + Eggs, monsters appear to have zero variation when it comes to stats given the same level and stage of evolution which is why all the stat calculators and databases can so accurately predict how powerful a monster will become.

Basically, each monster has a base stat that they start out with and a hidden multiplier that determines how much they gain per each level. However, this multiplier is dynamic and changes when they go through ultimate evolution so that the levels they previously gained are also retroactively multiplied by this variable. Basically, every Level 99 Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker in the world should have the exact same stats when you take + Eggs out of the equation.

If anything though, it's better to start as early as possible, since shoving 5 Evo Materials into a Level 99 monster isn't exactly easy on the wallet. There are only a few selective cases where going through Ultimate Evolution is a bad idea... mostly related to getting your sub-attribute binded. Pretty much in every other case it's an improvement with no additional increase on the EXP curve.

Okay, so what about their base stat, will it change when going through an Ultimate Evolution?

And so Ultimate Evolving a monster at level 1 or at level 90 makes no difference at all (except evolving at level 1 is cheaper)?
---
#4TheSocialBunnyPosted 9/6/2013 2:55:26 PM
Correct. There should be no variation, if there was, there would be whole lot more tears on the official PAD forums for raising their monsters incorrectly and all the stat calculators would be instantly useless, ahahah ^_~.

I'm fairly certain the base stats between the "final evolution" and the ultimate evolution stays the same. If you take a look at Fafnir for example, all 4 of his alternate ultimate evolutions have the exact same starting stats, but turn out very differently at max level.

Ah! There is one thing I forgot to mention as another good reason not to Ultimate Evolve, particularly with the Drawn Joker though, and that is that usually Ultimate Evolution catapults the team cost of the monster. Drawn Joker goes from 15 to 30, a fairly large increase, which is why I haven't personally put mine through ultimate evolution yet. If you can support him, then by all means go for it though. ^_~
#5Genshrooms(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 4:39:49 AM
Ok, thanks for your help.
---