What does an awoken monster do?

#1parKb5Posted 10/21/2013 4:34:32 AM
I got a Tamadra and I've heard that if you feed him to a monster you can awaken a special skill. Is that true and can you feed it to the monster at any time? I don't want to waste the Tamadra by not using it correctly.

What are the chances of a Tamadra awakening a special skill in a monster?
---
American living in Japan. Read my blog: little-differences-in-japan.blogspot.jp
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg@Kawasaki
#2TheSocialBunnyPosted 10/21/2013 8:14:11 PM(edited)
Glad you asked! It's a pretty important thing and the game doesn't actually tell you the specifics of how the system works (Rather, it kinda' just spins you around three times and sends you to its Facebook page below).

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-gungho-official/your-monsters-true-potential-has-awoken/701038073258121

The basic rule is that the monster in question MUST have little icons displayed on the furthest right hand side when you view their full profile picture. These are the locked awoken skills and they will always unlock in the exact order of top to bottom with each awakening (ie. Either feeding Tamadras or feeding the exact same monster to itself). You can hover your finger over them to get a description of what they do. If they are not there, then a Tamadra will be wasted if you feed it to the monster in question.

For the most part, only monsters either in their final or ultimate form will have potential awoken skills though, this usually means a god you have just pulled from the Rare Egg Machine will need to be evolved at least once in order for it to gain the potential for awakening. If you have any question if a monster can be awoken or not though, just let me know who you have in mind ^_~.
#3WiaruPosted 10/25/2013 9:03:24 PM
To add, it's also a 100% chance awakening rate.
---
TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum - http://theechoboom.com
END TRANSMISSION
#4hyorinryuPosted 10/26/2013 7:21:59 PM
I would also suggest to only use tamas on things you can't easily get copies of, which translates to mostly Rare Egg Machine gods and heartbreakers.

If you're not sure what to feed, feel free to ask.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#5RayKnightPosted 10/26/2013 9:49:45 PM
hyorinryu posted...
I would also suggest to only use tamas on things you can't easily get copies of, which translates to mostly Rare Egg Machine gods and heartbreakers.

That's a very awesome way to spell "disappointment".

Where in the lord is my Anubis?! I saved up 3 months worth of diamonds for 6 spins and guess what?! Most are crap...
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#6hyorinryuPosted 10/31/2013 8:14:44 PM
RayKnight posted...
hyorinryu posted...

That's a very awesome way to spell "disappointment".

Where in the lord is my Anubis?! I saved up 3 months worth of diamonds for 6 spins and guess what?! Most are crap...

I don't get what you mean. Getting a heart is one of the better things you can get outside of gold eggs. You can make a 9x team, which'll take you far. Yeah, you get mostly crap. Did you roll during a godfest? I would have suggested rolling the batman.
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008