Took 12 magic stones to get through room of the mask - expert ...

#1DillMan926Posted 3/26/2014 5:12:32 AM
feel pretty disgusting, but I have a max level Misato in my lineup with the strong red mask as the only missing thing to evolve it. Luckily I got a red one and a mystic mask out of it. My HP was at 9300 so I literally got one shot every time an attack was made for the 9999 damage, even with an all attacker team I never did more than the basic 1 damage. This game is pay to win.
---
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#2infinitexxPosted 3/26/2014 5:23:09 AM
DillMan926 posted...
This game is pay to win.

Maybe if you don't want to do any planning or attempt to brute force dungeons that are beyond your ability.

If you want to do Expert Masks without planning ahead, offensively you want to be able to do over 60000 damage from a single source consistently or have two elements on all of your monsters and perhaps some double strikes (as well as decent orb matching skills). Alternatively go defensively with 20k hp and strong recovery.

If you want to be smart about it and use a strategy that works pretty much at any rank with farmable monsters, zombie, Odin, or bring along a defense break helper. For defense break, you want to stall the first floor until the skill is up, as well as prepping your board so you don't get orb trolled. It helps to bring along some same element orb changers to insure against such an event. For zombie you want to stall every floor, since you need to be able to take out synced masks with what are likely single source of damage monsters. Odin plays like zombie except you've got more freedom to use strong subs.

As I've posted in other topics, courtesy of Padherder:
Resolve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo
Shiva: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0e2lurqr8g
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#3Dual-Shock3Posted 3/26/2014 5:23:39 AM
Unlike you i read guides in various PAD forum and i did it with 0 stones and a lowly team of

Ogre / Flame Chimera / Flame Chimera / Flame Chimera / Flame Chimera / Siren

You just got served TC , like GungHo served ...........
#4Leo7Posted 3/26/2014 5:28:35 AM
Ahhhhhh.

Oh God, I really feel like there needs to be a FAQ here on how to spend/use stones. I don't want to make you feel any worse, but that dungeon isn't that hard, even at low rank. You just need a strategy going into those dungeons. You shouldn't be spending 12 stones on any dungeon.

Look at this video for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo

That team is completely farmable. The Siren friend can be replaced with any friend with a healing leader.

If you have any monsters with a poison active, that helps too.
---
This signature will give you preconceived notions about my character.
#5DillMan926(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:50:06 AM
I have nothing that decreases damage on my team. All my best stuff is attackers, I don't think I could have made it above 10k hp with whatever I have in my monster book. Guess I could try looking for specific stuff to farm, at my rank/progression not sure what would be available though.
---
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#6infinitexxPosted 3/26/2014 6:53:05 AM(edited)
DillMan926 posted...
I have nothing that decreases damage on my team. All my best stuff is attackers, I don't think I could have made it above 10k hp with whatever I have in my monster book. Guess I could try looking for specific stuff to farm, at my rank/progression not sure what would be available though.

Ogres are everywhere, and are part of a basic zombie team. Look at the resolve video I posted.

edit:
Also, next time you're tempted to throw stones at a dungeon, think of how much cheaper it would be to stop, look up some strategies from someone who's beaten the dungeon, and refill your stamina with a single stone.

I mean, I still wouldn't recommend using stones in such a manner (excepting specific short term dungeons when you've got a rather large stamina pool to fill), but it's better than spamming revives.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#7Patapon706Posted 3/26/2014 8:11:04 AM
... If it makes you feel better, TC, the first time I did Green Dragon's Den was when I was... What, rank 10 and threw 4 stones at it for a evo that I'm not even using anymore now.

But yes, unless you have a defense nullifier or 2x HP and RVC leader skill monster or lots and lots of poisoners/set damage dealers, it's generally recommended to farm Wednesday and Friday dungeons with a zombie team for early game. And I recommend starting to do research on dungeons before entering them from now on: trust me, it will save you a lot of frustration.

Besides, if it was pay-to-win, why would there be non-iap players?
---
PSP lover and killer of threads.
#8DillMan926(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 9:26:46 AM
LOL I just did the final stages of the fire technical dungeon and got through with no problem, getting one of the strong red masks along the way. Oh well. That was probably the worst 12 stones ever spent.
---
#9CrazyBilkesPosted 3/26/2014 10:10:40 AM
Wow lol can I have your stones since you're just throwing them away?

Strategy is key in this game, not dollars. You need some double ATT subs to breeze through this. And if you can get a Green Odin helper that will help a lot.

Personally, here's my team for expert Wednesday and Friday dungeons:

Torrential Fenrir Knight, Kamui (lead)
Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice
Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal
Burning Phoenix Knight, Homura
Godly Knight of the Sky, Verche
Green Odin (helper)

All with at least one awoken skill that enables an attack on two enemies when matching 4 orbs.
#10DillMan926(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 10:13:11 AM
Maybe I should post all my monsters and get people's opinions on what I should do. It is possible I have some decent stuff that I am not really utilizing.
---