Why GREE why?

#1RPG crazePosted 12/20/2012 4:27:03 PM
why cant you create a game that doesnt require hell lot of money to get good ranking.

In first raid: i finished at 99 rank after spending around 200 bucks
In first coliseum: I finsihed at rank 64, spent around 160 bucks
In second raid: Currently at rank 320. spent 70 bucks.

this is it for me, aint spending a thing from now onwards. Lvl 99 nihogg takes around 3-4 power potions to beat. Thats around 400 gems. This sucks big time
---
IGN: RPGcraze
#2-Grim-Posted 12/21/2012 10:33:40 PM
You may already know this, but I can tell you that I would MUCH higher ranked if I had known from the get-go...

Having one of the "Raid Advantage" cards in your deck increases the Attack of ALL of your cards vs. the raid boss. The % increase is directly tied to the enhancement level of the Raid Advantage card.

Which is to say... having a lvl 40 Elemental Shaman(+++) in your attack deck might drop your listed ATK on the main page by 5000 or more, but will increase your overall damage output to the raid bosses to 200%. (in addition, the Elemental Shaman will also deal 400% personal damage since its 200% damage is multiplied by the 200% deck bonus)

So yeah, I expect to do better in the next raid event but I'm not doing too bad this time around... thinking I can sneak into the top 200 by X-Mas.

-Grim-
#3-Grim-Posted 12/22/2012 10:03:52 AM
well it appears i was wrong ... again...

did more enhancing today expecting my raid attack bonus to go up and it did not... I'm wondering now, is everybodies raid attack going up?

Today is the 22nd and my raid attack bonus is 220% .. coincidence?

-Grim-
#4jbnimble3Posted 12/22/2012 10:17:16 AM
-Grim- posted...
well it appears i was wrong ... again...

did more enhancing today expecting my raid attack bonus to go up and it did not... I'm wondering now, is everybodies raid attack going up?

Today is the 22nd and my raid attack bonus is 220% .. coincidence?

-Grim-

I have noticed my bonus going up, but I think, the last time I saw the number it was 140%, not 220%. Maybe it's because I don't have the shaman in my deck? Though I do have the Evangelic Knight + (level 40).

For some reason, too, it's letting me have 2 Nidhoggs (fully evolved and max level) in my deck (only my own edited deck, not the recommended - and I have two because after learning more about enhancing, I went back and did one a little bit better).

Ah well... I keep trying... I set me sights low, though... I'll be happy if I can maintain my rank above 1000 (I had entertained hopes of a higher than 500 finish at one point, but I seem unable to get past 600).
---
I don't really have any psychological problems; they're all just in my head.
IGN: jbnimble
#5RPG craze(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 12:31:37 AM
I am in the process of enhancing elemental queen in hopes of getting raid advantage coupled with that shinning knight. So far I have fallen to rank 713. I'll try to spend coupe of bucks and hopefully will finish above 500.
---
IGN: RPGcraze
#6notjustforshowPosted 12/23/2012 12:30:19 PM
RPG craze posted...
why cant you create a game that doesnt require hell lot of money to get good ranking.

this is it for me, aint spending a thing from now onwards. Lvl 99 nihogg takes around 3-4 power potions to beat. Thats around 400 gems. This sucks big time

$160 to get rank 64 in the coliseum is really good. I was able to hit top 30 in the first few minutes (Blowing all my pots and the bonus), but once the event was in its next few hours, I was down into the late hundreds.

If you can afford to keep spending, I would wait until the gems price drops, which will probably happen soon since they offered the 40% bonus recently.

However, I think the payoff for this is quite low, as the trend of +10,000 atk cards being a lot easier to get is starting to happen, meaning the SR and MR cards will not be as competitive. Nihogg is quite cheap to get to 10,000 atk, and many people have multiples.

TL;DR

Maybe save money and see where this game goes? I don't spend money on this game but I can understand why people do.
#7RufusNKenRSTierPosted 12/23/2012 1:09:28 PM
notjustforshow posted...
RPG craze posted...

$160 to get rank 64 in the coliseum is really good. I was able to hit top 30 in the first few minutes (Blowing all my pots and the bonus), but once the event was in its next few hours, I was down into the late hundreds.

If you can afford to keep spending, I would wait until the gems price drops, which will probably happen soon since they offered the 40% bonus recently.

However, I think the payoff for this is quite low, as the trend of +10,000 atk cards being a lot easier to get is starting to happen, meaning the SR and MR cards will not be as competitive. Nihogg is quite cheap to get to 10,000 atk, and many people have multiples.

TL;DR

Maybe save money and see where this game goes? I don't spend money on this game but I can understand why people do.

What are the other omgwtf cards?
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#8notjustforshowPosted 12/23/2012 1:47:48 PM
Omega dragon from the quests is quite good. ~8000+ atk if enhanced properly, and is easy to get from battles too.

Hanuman from the premium deck, which many have maxed with just premium keys is an easy ~9900+ atk.

If you got yggdrasil from the first raid, it can be enhanced to ~10,000+atk

Just some off the top of my head. Basically the easy cards to get from raid tend to be worth it. Also, some cards pop up more for premium keys, such as ouruboros (10,000atk as well), and hanuman.

I think a good deck without spending money tends to be around 85000 atk if they play all the time and with only average luck.

A good deck with spending money, say $40 or so, would probably be around 100000 atk if they did the right events and used the pots at the right time.
#9RufusNKenRSTierPosted 12/23/2012 3:22:07 PM
Hmm, Omega Dragon? Which quest was that?

And blehhh I leveled up my Yggdrasil(s) before I knew how to do things properly :P.
---
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#10notjustforshowPosted 12/24/2012 12:23:03 AM
^ I think it is the quests before the amazon warrior.