Can I play my PS3 discs on the PS4?

#1lexussssPosted 2/21/2013 6:51:54 AM
Wondering if I should sell them all while I can
#2xxtasy911Posted 2/21/2013 6:52:07 AM
no
#3lexussss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:54:21 AM
Really??? What garbage!!
#4nolimitz13_IIIPosted 2/21/2013 6:55:05 AM
Such BS. The greed is overwhelming. I'm cool with old school gaming the rest of my life. Have a nice life, videogame industry. Go make some more dumbass shooters for the mongoloids.
#5OmegaDL50Posted 2/21/2013 7:01:10 AM
It's been common knowledge for quite some time that the PS4 had no backwards compatibility.

Besides that Sony JUST released a second revision of the PS3 slim model. Sony will not include PS3 BC because they want to continue selling PS3s at a profit to offset any losses they might incur on the PS4 (PS2, PS3, and Vita where all sold at a loss initially).

Considering that most PS3 developed titles likely depend on the Cell, which the PS4 lacks it would be too complex to emulate and including it in a PS4 which would only raise costs to the hardware. It's in Sony's best interest to sell PS3s to people looking at an affordable gaming machine and PS4s to those who are ready to spend some more money and get something nextgen.

Unless of course you wouldn't mind shelling out something $700+ to do this. I don't need to remind anyone how much Sony was criticized for "FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS"

Umm, yeah.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#6OmegaDL50Posted 2/21/2013 7:05:02 AM(edited)
Also whenever someone generally disagrees with somethings "price" or a product has something that doesn't appeal to them, they always seem to attribute to greed.

I didn't realize these "Companies" weren't "businesses" creating these "products" to be "sold" Yep...I guess some people think Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are doing this out of the kindness of their "corporate" hearts. yup.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
#7ShadowSkill11Posted 2/21/2013 7:05:53 AM
It amazes me how many people apparently never listened to e press conference. They guy that came on right after the scruffy looking guy who talked about the controller spoke for 10-15 minutes about how you can play ps123 games on ps4 and ps1234 games through your Vita.

Still people complain. He'll you would have complained more if the system would have cost $600-$700 dollars due to old school tech for emulation like with e ps3 launch or if you kept getting inferior ports because no one knew how to program for exotic hardware.
#8pureradiancePosted 2/21/2013 7:07:04 AM(edited)
You can place them on the ps4. Just take the disc from its case and place it ON the ps4....done!
---
PSN ID: pristine20
#9xxtasy911Posted 2/21/2013 7:20:24 AM
if you have a ps3... then why does it matter? play it on the ps3!!
#10OmegaDL50Posted 2/21/2013 7:26:35 AM
Some people take too much stock in backwards compatibility, I guess even I have have become too complacent in the convenience of this.

It's not like I could play NES games on my SNES or Genesis titles on my Saturn.

I still do occasionally thrown in a PSX disc into my PS3 now and then even though I no longer own a PSX anymore. The poor upscaling of PSX titles on the PS3 didn't prevent me from enjoying them any less. The convenience of having one console cover a previous generation platforms of games does serve it's purpose, however because what I've already said in this topic it would seem prohibitive in keeping the price of the PS4 at a "reasonable" level.
---