Your reaction: Sony makes a deal with valve to feature Steam on ps4

#11abort_missionPosted 2/27/2013 3:21:10 PM
in this universe is Valve also no longer releasing the Steam Box?
---
"I speak horse. He's called Susan, and he wants you to respect his life choices."
#12knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:23:28 AM(edited)
STE573 posted...
Weren't you a Nintendo fan last month? What changed?

Nothing has changed.
I've always been a big fan of Nintendo and Sony.

It's the same trolling s*** every single day on the wii u board.
Also there really isn't hardly anything to talk about wii u wise at the moment.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#13params7Posted 2/28/2013 9:43:28 AM
Foppe posted...
Then why would people buy a Steambox?

steambox is not going to be just one machine, but will have several manufacturers each making their own steambox.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png
#14Crazy_tank51Posted 2/28/2013 10:46:02 AM
That is probably Sony's biggest wet dream ever.

Never mind Steambox, Valve is too pro for Sony.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#15sirtonnePosted 2/28/2013 11:00:52 AM(edited)
Sony still releases games on discs playable offline, Steam doesn't.

Sony let's you sell those games, Steam doesn't.

Sony let's you play games without using any "services" tied to them if you want, Steam doesn't.

Sony doesn't lock you out of your games if you don't agree to a EULA, Steam does.

Sony will have streaming games, Steam won't.

Sony will have streaming demos, Steam won't.

Sony will let you download a game while you play it, Steam won't.

Geez, I could go on and on. Steam DRM sucks, keep it away from consoles. Oh and cheaper games is not a good enough reason for me to want to bend over and take all the other problems with Steam.
#16Ghost-inZeShellPosted 2/28/2013 11:03:04 AM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
That is probably Sony's biggest wet dream ever.

Never mind Steambox, Valve is too pro for Sony.

^this

I forget if Gabe Newell out right stated this, or just implied it, but the reason for Valve making their
"Living Friendly PC" (as they called it) was because they were "dissatisfied" with current consoles, and saw a golden opportunity.

If they had just launched their Big Picture thing, I would say that there was a possibility, since that does look more like a console GUI, but since they have announced development into their own hardware line (which the internet has dubbed "Steambox"), then I would say "no", they are going to use Steam to blow wind into their own sails.
#17halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/28/2013 11:06:24 AM
sirtonne posted...

Sony let's you play games without using any "services" tied to them if you want, Steam doesn't.

Sony doesn't lock you out of your games if you don't agree to a EULA, Steam does.

Geez, I could go on and on. Steam DRM sucks, keep it away from consoles. Oh and cheaper games is not a good enough reason for me to want to bend over and take all the other problems with Steam

>complains about always-online DRM
>praises streaming games

wat
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#18sirtonnePosted 2/28/2013 11:13:42 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
sirtonne posted...

Geez, I could go on and on. Steam DRM sucks, keep it away from consoles. Oh and cheaper games is not a good enough reason for me to want to bend over and take all the other problems with Steam

>complains about always-online DRM
>praises streaming games

wat

Options. You get both streaming and bolded options to play games with Sony, with Steam you have no options. They are all behind a DRM wall and they can block your access to them at any time.
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/28/2013 11:18:50 AM
Actually, there's this lovely thing called "offline mode".
Also, there's this other lovely thing called "having control of your software". I can stream whatever I want whenever I want. Don't have to go through Sony's DRM wall to do it.
---
No, they should have one SKU. The less choice you give the customer, the more likely to buy your product they are. -kingofjamaica http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GlJ8
#20BackAlleyNekoPosted 2/28/2013 11:19:13 AM
Would be a great addition, and it doesn't hurt Valve in any way. There is the Steambox, sure, but there are other platforms as well that run Steam. The money is in the software being sold, and one more platform for Valve's system would in no way be detrimental to them.

If It was, they'd do away with Steam on all other devices except for the Steambox...but that is not the case here. It's just one more avenue for Valve to provide their services. I think it would be awesome if Steam was on PS4.