ps4 needs adobe video flash player

#11GoreGamerPosted 3/5/2013 3:44:48 PM
What the PS4 needs most IMO is a decent web browser. Can't recall the amount of crashes I had on the PS3 also its soooooo slow.
#12El MagnificoPosted 3/5/2013 3:52:19 PM
2NIKNIM posted...
vaultdweller94 posted...
how will we stream online vids then?

The same way that tons of sites stream videos to mobile devices like smartphones and tablets without using Flash?

By having multiple crappy apps that only show a very small portion of your desired websites content.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I use my tablet to watch videos straight from the site in the browser. I don't use any extra apps to watch videos. Except for some obscure sites, I haven't had trouble watching videos on my tablet's browser. If you're talking about sites like Hulu and Netflix, then I'll give you that, but even on the PS3 you have apps for them and the apps aren't that crappy.
#13FoppePosted 3/6/2013 11:50:45 PM
Adobe always stop supporting console-based flashplayers when they release the next PC update, so they would probably do the same with a PS4 version.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#14EoinPosted 3/7/2013 1:50:10 AM
GoreGamer posted...
What the PS4 needs most IMO is a decent web browser. Can't recall the amount of crashes I had on the PS3 also its soooooo slow.

The PS4 browser will almost certainly be better. The Vita's web browser is massively superior to the PS3 browser so the PS4 browser could simply be a port of that and be better.

Foppe posted...
Adobe always stop supporting console-based flashplayers when they release the next PC update, so they would probably do the same with a PS4 version.

There won't be a PS4 version of Flash. Adobe has killed all development of Flash for devices other than PC. That's why there's no Flash on 3DS, or Vita, or Wii U. It's why they stopped updating the Android version, and then pulled it from the Play Store. PS4 will not have Flash of any kind, not even an unsupported older version.