The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why should I buy a PS4?

#1TheOriginalMaxPosted 3/14/2013 11:55:57 AM
Hello. I really started wondering why I should even buy this console, or any new gen console for that matter. I am not seeing the industry take a right turn at any point and they seemingly keep slapping consumers in the face. None of the launch titles have me interested, and the new inFamous protagonist kinda irked me tbh. Most likely my favorite franchises are as good as dead due to dwindling sales-numbers and the DRM-issue has me truly worried... Worried because I still love going to a friend's house with my games in a backpack, then just playing through all sorts of games with my friends; games they don't own. This seems to be a thing of the past... And honestly, I don't like being indirectly accused of whatever "used game buying", "pirating", or whatever the hell these companies pull out of their lily-little asses. People like me, who don't buy used game, who don't pirate, are getting unwarranted restrictions. Where's the smart business in that? Hell, where are the ethics? Are ethics in business useless now because "ethics don't give money"? Even the graphical improvements don't seem "all that and much more".

Is there really any reason for me to buy any new gen console? Should I just invest on a gaming PC?

And if someone is a Sony/Capcom/EA/Ubisoft/Microsoft/Nintendo/etc apologist: I'm sorry but I'm done listening to excuses. This is nothing personal to you, and I'm sure you feel it's justified to protect these companies from vicious attacks such as mine, but I really don't want to listen to any of that. Let's just say you automatically win and I totally suck :)

I really, really, really am not feeling any sort of hype nor buzz tbh. The video streaming and uploading thing seems really fun, but I'm worried it's just going to become a gimmicky novelty that either wears-out quickly, or doesn't work at all like hype--err, "promised".

Any thoughts?
Well, other than me sucking or whatever :D

Thanks a lot for any responses. Hope this wasn't tl;dr :)
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#2xxtasy911Posted 3/14/2013 11:59:15 AM
TL;DR

have fun
#3jimistixxPosted 3/14/2013 12:08:31 PM(edited)
If nothing excites you about the next gen, then its simple: Don't make the jump.

Nobody's forcing you to buy the newest thing. By the time support drops off for this gen, I'm sure there will be loads of information to help inform your decision.

Making a choice now would be foolish.
#4XdieXPosted 3/14/2013 12:08:35 PM
get a wii u
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#5Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/14/2013 12:10:56 PM
XdieX posted...
get a wii u
#6monkeyluv101Posted 3/14/2013 12:11:45 PM
The smartest thing would be to wait and see what the ps4 brings as was said. I do have to say a lot of developers have dropped the ball this gen with lackluster sequels and lack of originality. I do have faith in some new quality IPs though. I'm hoping for a better turn around this coming gen, innovation and originality. If DRM worries you then investing in a PC isn't gonna bring any less worries as it's quite rampant on PC. I'd take a look at what PC exclusives interest you currently and go from there.
#7darkphoenix181Posted 3/14/2013 12:12:03 PM
only 1 reason, new games you want
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#8jimistixxPosted 3/14/2013 12:15:26 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...

This is probably the MOST important.
#9Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/14/2013 12:26:41 PM
jimistixx posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

This is probably the MOST important.

Yep.
Knack is worth it. I hear it's the new MGS4.
#10therapgamedudePosted 3/14/2013 12:27:16 PM
Always wait a while when new electronics comes out, there are always some flaws.
---
PSN: Sleepinfireheart
@xxxxxx$:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>