Which console is most likely Going to fail, if any at all?

#11DemonDog666Posted 3/17/2013 11:47:20 AM
WiiU is most likely to fail, it's on par with last gen hardware has a stupid gimmick that nobody really wants, it's more expensive then ps3/360 while lagging behind feature wise and it's not getting any worthwhile third party support.

I'd say next xbox is the second most likely, since 360 had tons of hardware problems and MS has a pretty weak first party they haven't even bought any studios in the last year,most of their current studios are kinect ones... Also they are most likely to charge for basic online and push ads and other horrible practices, but their third party support and features will be on par or better then ps4, though I don't think anyone will fall for the timed exclusive thing again. They will probably advertise more/better then Sony too.

So I see ps4 as the least likely to fail (not to be confused with most likely to sell the most, advertisement goes a long way) but the price is really the only place I see Sony falling on their face with the ps4 and given what happened with the ps3 I really don't think they will make that mistake.
#12True_FanPosted 3/17/2013 12:07:41 PM
I think the Wii U will still be profitable due to first party games and being less costly to develop for. Itll be like the GC days. if they were really desperate they can always make a mainline Pokemon for it with online battles. XandY is already in 3d, if they make a stadium type where you can destroy each other over the net in 1080p, that would probaly make it the new Wii Sports system seller.
---
Pokwang
#13neo979Posted 3/17/2013 7:24:08 PM
It really does pain me to say this, but I see a grim future for the Wii U. From my perspective, people seem to be choosing rumored, currently non-existent systems over the Wii U. That's not a good sign.
#14Hucast9Posted 3/17/2013 7:29:17 PM
Son_of_Mana posted...
With the increase of Apple games and other games such as Ouya and Other BS like that, Is it likely that one of the big three will fail in the next-generation?

If so which one do you believe it will be? I hope it will be Microsoft, though not likely.

Things look bad for the Wii u however the most important thing is for the PlayStation 4 to succeed otherwise Sony will have many problems

Wii U. The console is built around a table controller gimmick. That thing looks very uncomfortable to use.
#15DaMan1900Posted 3/17/2013 7:51:08 PM
i dont think any of them will "fail" but neither will have the success that some expect. Why?

Mobile gaming as much as i hate it and others as well is growing extremely quickly. Look at how fast the innards of these phones are being upgraded. Then companies like samsung are pushing gaming now as well. They will release a controller addon for the S4, and the phone will be able to be hooked up to your tv.

This gen of consoles very well may be the last as we know it today. This gen may not last all that long either. i expect for gaming to move largely towards handheld devices and pcs 0_0

now i shall wait to be flamed and ridiculed :D
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#16Dr_FacerPosted 3/17/2013 8:00:41 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
i dont think any of them will "fail" but neither will have the success that some expect. Why?

Mobile gaming as much as i hate it and others as well is growing extremely quickly. Look at how fast the innards of these phones are being upgraded. Then companies like samsung are pushing gaming now as well. They will release a controller addon for the S4, and the phone will be able to be hooked up to your tv.

This gen of consoles very well may be the last as we know it today. This gen may not last all that long either. i expect for gaming to move largely towards handheld devices and pcs 0_0

I actually agree with you on most points.

But I don't see Samsung releasing a controller add on.
#17DaMan1900Posted 3/17/2013 8:02:05 PM
Dr_Facer posted...
DaMan1900 posted...

I actually agree with you on most points.

But I don't see Samsung releasing a controller add on.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Android/Galaxy/Samsung/Samsung_Showing_Off_Official_Controller_Add-On_for_The_Galaxy_S4/11340w

sorry its coming...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#18nmaharg81Posted 3/17/2013 8:06:55 PM
Nintendo is already failing.

Between MS and Sony, I give MS the edge. They have pretty much dominated the states, and the states have pretty much dominated gaming this gen. I don't see that changing much.

Sony has a real uphill battle, but they are making alot of good moves. Lets just hope its enough.

Side note, exclusives won't make or break these systems. If that was the case PS3 would have easily regained America. Realistically exclusives don't matter anymore. 10 months out of the year you won't even see an exclusive game in the top 10 sold.
#19GoombaXPosted 3/17/2013 8:32:09 PM
all will most certainly due terrible. At least for the first few years. Gaming has hit a brick wall. Its going to take all of The Big 3 to break though it.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#20nmaharg81Posted 3/17/2013 8:41:53 PM
GoombaX posted...
all will most certainly due terrible. At least for the first few years. Gaming has hit a brick wall. Its going to take all of The Big 3 to break though it.

...gaming has never been bigger or more profitable. Some of the most stable stocks on the market are videogame publishers.