PS1 games on the PS4

#1justsitquietlyPosted 3/22/2013 3:40:13 PM
Let me ask this question.

If you purchased a PS1 game to work on the PS3, will it work on the PS4? (Assuming the PSN store carries over purchases...)
If so, great.
If not, Sony just lost a customer (me).
---
A signature goes here. Want to know what a sig says about you? It shows u have some class, some smarts, and u read too far to see this so this is 10seconds gone
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/22/2013 3:44:51 PM
Currently, rumors suggest that PS4 will not play any PS3 software, including PSN titles.
---
A 690 is about 2 to 4 times more powerful than what the ps3 has -Lord Hamm
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GlJ8
#3DelsinRowePosted 3/22/2013 4:05:27 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Currently, rumors suggest that PS4 will not play any PS3 software, including PSN titles.

As of right now they won't, but I think I saw somewhere (maybe at the PS4 conference) that Sony is trying to work out a way to play older titles using Gaikai.
---
You are not in control.
#4djwagonPosted 3/22/2013 4:16:53 PM
DelsinRowe posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

As of right now they won't, but I think I saw somewhere (maybe at the PS4 conference) that Sony is trying to work out a way to play older titles using Gaikai.
yeah it is called YOU want to play those games on this machine .YOU need to rebuy them.since the ps4 will ONLY play digital form ps1/ps2/ps3 games no MORE DISC FORM OF THOSE GAMES ON THE PS4
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#5_The_Hitcher_Posted 3/22/2013 4:41:41 PM(edited)
So much misinformation.

It won't play any PS3 specific content, so no PS3 discs, no downloaded PS3 games and no non-classic PSN games.

PS1 and PS2 emulation hasn't been discussed yet; Yoshida said they aren't talking about what emulation it will offer for now so we don't know if PS1 and 2 classics or original game discs will be supported.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#6cory1225Posted 3/22/2013 5:17:15 PM
Ummm why not just keep your ps3?
---
gt= Pink BluRR Steam ID: Pink BluRR
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2385240536.png
#7djwagonPosted 3/22/2013 5:33:05 PM
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
So much misinformation.

It won't play any PS3 specific content, so no PS3 discs, no downloaded PS3 games and no non-classic PSN games.

PS1 and PS2 emulation hasn't been discussed yet; Yoshida said they aren't talking about what emulation it will offer for now so we don't know if PS1 and 2 classics or original game discs will be supported.

so in short your talking out your backside.my rumor is possible the way they will got.if they are forcing you to play through the cloud on NON-PS4 games .why would they NOT really go that route to make money .since all signs point to NO bc on this thing
---
#8_The_Hitcher_Posted 3/22/2013 5:41:34 PM
djwagon posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
So much misinformation.

so in short your talking out your backside.my rumor is possible the way they will got.if they are forcing you to play through the cloud on NON-PS4 games .why would they NOT really go that route to make money .since all signs point to NO bc on this thing

No I'm simply giving the facts. Yoshida said in an interview that they are not discussion what emulation is offered but that all current gen titles won't be supported natively, I'm not saying what emulation will be provided, just that nothing has been confirmed or de-confirmed.

I find it amazing that you accuse me of "talking out my backside" when your "rumour" is essentially stuff you made up. Why are you randomly capitalising words too? It doesn't gain you any more validity and it just makes your posts harder to read and if anything makes you seem less credible, not to mention the abysmal spelling and grammar, I can barely understand what you're trying to say.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#9sth26307Posted 3/22/2013 6:12:44 PM
cory1225 posted...
Ummm why not just keep your ps3?

most people dont know they can do this. if you keep your ps3 BC and PSN purchases carrying over doesn't matter
---
You do not throw rocks at a man who's got a machine gun
#10djwagonPosted 3/22/2013 6:30:57 PM
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
djwagon posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
So much misinformation.

No I'm simply giving the facts. Yoshida said in an interview that they are not discussion what emulation is offered but that all current gen titles won't be supported natively, I'm not saying what emulation will be provided, just that nothing has been confirmed or de-confirmed.

I find it amazing that you accuse me of "talking out my backside" when your "rumour" is essentially stuff you made up. Why are you randomly capitalising words too? It doesn't gain you any more validity and it just makes your posts harder to read and if anything makes you seem less credible, not to mention the abysmal spelling and grammar, I can barely understand what you're trying to say.

once again CAN YOU prove MY rumor wrong yes or no.I want a link showing me IF i am wrong NOT what comes out of your backside as proof
---